Update your sat-nav for just £99 - promo from MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I enquired at my local dealer about this offer and they have come back with a quote of £286, broken down as:

- £100 for the map disc
- £89 for the licence
- £48.50 to update the software
- £48.50 to install the map

It transpires the maps on my 2011 R172 have never been updated, nor has the software ever been updated. I contact the MB dealer who serviced the vehicle for the first 3 years to ask why neither the maps not the software were updated. They say they only do it if the customer asks; when I asked how the customer knows there are new maps or software are available, they couldn't answer. They were unwilling to consider a contribution to the quote of £286.

I have now raised a complaint via MB head office, in Milton Keynes, who have agreed to pursue this with the dealer concerned.

Curiously, comand online quite £69 for the map and £150 for the licence PIN - quite a variance from the MB quote above

I shall update when I hear more

Looks like MB might have amended the ad as the page listed no longer quotes a price

Complete your details and your local dealer will get back to you with a price....

No surprise that MB UK has rejected my complaint.

When I stated that I had lost confidence in MB and no have doubt that MB will service the vehicle according to requirements and what has been paid for, they didn't know how to respond.

Oh well time to decide if I want to spend silly £s getting the maps and software updated....

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the form and am now waiting for the call.......

Neiltodd said:
mine booked for monday,I rang today to ask the total price, they said £99. Will wait to see!
What did they change you in the end?

What did they change you in the end?

Don't know yet. Don't think it had ever been updated before so after 4 hours they gave me a courtesy car to go home and leave my car with them to finish it. Does say £99 on the work sheet they showed me before they started so expect them to stick to that.

I enquired at my local dealer about this offer and they have come back with a quote of £286, broken down as:

- £100 for the map disc
- £89 for the licence
- £48.50 to update the software
- £48.50 to install the map

It transpires the maps on my 2011 R172 have never been updated, nor has the software ever been updated. I contact the MB dealer who serviced the vehicle for the first 3 years to ask why neither the maps not the software were updated. They say they only do it if the customer asks; when I asked how the customer knows there are new maps or software are available, they couldn't answer. They were unwilling to consider a contribution to the quote of £286.

I have now raised a complaint via MB head office, in Milton Keynes, who have agreed to pursue this with the dealer concerned.

Curiously, comand online quite £69 for the map and £150 for the licence PIN - quite a variance from the MB quote above

I shall update when I hear more

We (Comand) can do your maps for you for £249 inc, thats loaded up onto your comand for you. Forum only price.

Hi all. My car is S204 2011 face lift model, NTG 4.5 , which had map v8 2013.
Had mine updated yesterday at MB Sheffield (JCT600) they said it was a 2 disc update v16 2017-2018 took almost 3hrs. I showed them the offer on mb website for £99. & they did it for that price. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Had mine updated yesterday at MB Sheffield (JCT600) they said it was a 2 disc update v16 2017-2018 took almost 3hrs. I showed them the offer on mb website for £99. & they did it for that price. [emoji3]

You got a very good deal there :thumb:

I asked MB about the clause "*Price excludes any applicable licence updates." to which they said they would be no extra costs.
Mine had no licence update, just the map update.

Pity my dealer can't get anywhere near that price

Pity my dealer can't get anywhere near that price [emoji30]
I'd have thought as the offer was on the MB website, the price would be the same for all UK MB dealers

Has anyone got a a screen shot of that offer?

Looks like MB quickly removed any ref to £99....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom