Update your Wood!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
What do you guys make of this?

i-1_B_L.JPG

If my interpretation is correct, they'll do it in whatever finish and colour you like. :bannana:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayISAPI....item=2420440876&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2

too squeemish for me!

In the right finish I guess that smarten up an older interior.

I wonder if they can do that granite for mine :)

I was looking at ways of relaminating the console and got samples sent from a company claiming they sell the thinnest and most flexible laminates available. They'll bend effortlessly around most of the curves, the only place I can see a problem is the rebate around the heater controls. Not sure if they do the granite but they do some amazing burrs. The other downside is that burrs are only available in full sheets about 8' x 4' and cost a small fortune - about £400 each. The standard woods are a lot cheaper - I'll bring the samples along to the gtg if anyone wants to see them, if you are not going to that and want to see them, check out this link and check out the decoflex products

Andy

Originally posted by Sp!ke
What do you guys make of this?

i-1_B_L.JPG

If my interpretation is correct, they'll do it in whatever finish and colour you like. :bannana:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayISAPI....item=2420440876&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2

Wow !! would be nice in a plain Burgandy go with my black interior. But a question............................... seeing as how my switches (the top ones in your pic) are burnt and dissfigured, what do they do, ok the one on the left is heated rear window, the others? I am looking to replace them. Any tips from anyone and are they easy to replace?

reading from the left on that dash

heated rear window
rear wash wipe
rear wiper
hazards
and what looks like a W123 interior light switch

replacing them is a breeze,

remove the rotary heater controls - try and make a tool that hooks behind them rather than just pulling them as the top section of the control is only clipped and glued

undo the two large nuts underneath them

remove the two screws above the ashtray (philips)

slide the whole wooden trim off

the switches are clipped into a plastic bracket, just unclip and replace with new ones

Andy

Many thanks Andy, you make it sound so easy.

PS tried this morning......it is easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom