Updating command navigation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bluey2k

Car
E class
Hi
First Benz and first post on here so please be kind.
I have 2015(65 plate) e 220 , looking for info on how to update command navigation, as reluctant to pay MB prices

Rob

I paid £99 at MB Poole last Sept to update my 64plate E class to the latest V19 map.
I doubt you'll get it much cheaper for a legal copy of the Pin #.

The official map update on my SL was also only £99 at Mercedes.

That £99 deal is only occasionally available at MB main dealers, you have to keep an ear to the ground for when it is available! I'm glad I "only" have NTG4 so after the HDD upgrade I can still use "second user" DVD's to update my satnav!!

How do you find out when the £99 offer is?

Hi
First Benz and first post on here so please be kind.
I have 2015(65 plate) e 220 , looking for info on how to update command navigation, as reluctant to pay MB prices

Rob

Your infotainment system will be either the older COMAND Online NTG4.5/4.7, or the newer COMAND Online NTG 5*1. A late 2015 W212 will probably have the latter.

In either case, the update is carried-out by downloading the maps files from the Internet onto a USB flash drive, then uploading it to the car. You will also need to purchase a PIN code which is unique to your car's VIN.

The cost is typically around £150 for the PIN code, and around £60 for the media containing the maps (unless you want to download it from the Internet yourself).

As others said, the £99 deal that some dealers offer is the cheapest way of getting the updated maps. To ensure that the dealer is actually installing the latest maps version, check this thread:

BTW, if you do have the newer NTG5*1 system, then you can contact www.comandonline.co.uk to see if they can activate Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for you, if this feature is of interest. It can also be retrofitted to the older NTG4.5/4.7, but it's a more involving and more expensive upgrade.

Last edited:
Thank you all I’ll contact mb dealer

rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom