UPDATING DATE ON COMAND

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Naffdave

Car
2008 CLS 320 CDI and 2006 B200 CDI
OK this B200 I've just bought is really bugging me. It has the comand system ntg2 system and I've done all the updates you can get for it V12 and V19 but still the date is greyed out.
The time I can set on the comand screen but it does not show on the dash andvthe greyed out date is in 2002.
Anybody got any ideas at all how to fix this driving me mad.

OK this B200 I've just bought is really bugging me. It has the comand system ntg2 system and I've done all the updates you can get for it V12 and V19 but still the date is greyed out.
The time I can set on the comand screen but it does not show on the dash andvthe greyed out date is in 2002.
Anybody got any ideas at all how to fix this driving me mad.
How many satellites can the system see?

Alfie said how many satellites can I see I don't know where it shows that info. I must have some because the navigation works perfectly?
Any help please

I think you need to go to the compass screen. In navigation get the info menu up and select compass. At the bottom of the screen you should have a display showing you the number of satellites are being seen.

I think you need to go to the compass screen. In navigation get the info menu up and select compass. At the bottom of the screen you should have a display showing you the number of satellites are being seen.
I've never seen a compass selection on my comand or a info menu ?

This is the screen I’m thinking of. If you have a different system apologies. E7EED335-2F06-40A4-8211-46246D3D0B91.png

That’s a picture from the ntg2 manual. I had the same unit in my old 2006 GL.

OK I've looked there is no compass soft key when I go into info. Yes my unit is a ntg2.
So I'm a bit baffled now.

and the greyed out date is in 2002
As a thought, bearing in mind the age of the system, I suspect it is affected by the GPS Week Number Rollover that occurred on 6th April 2019. It that is the case, then unless there was a software update to resolve the issue that can be applied, I'm afraid you're stuck with it.

As a thought, bearing in mind the age of the system, I suspect it is affected by the GPS Week Number Rollover that occurred on 6th April 2019. It that is the case, then unless there was a software update to resolve the issue that can be applied, I'm afraid you're stuck with it.
OK thanks bit of a nuisance to say the least I'm a bit ocd and having the time on the dash wrong drives me nuts.

You should still be able to get the time ok. The date is fubar due to some change in the gps signal. If I recall it would only do 30 min sets so you had to pick your moment. Not sure what the deal is with the no compass option. Command online know about these units. Alfie who asked you about the satellite’s works for them I think. If they can’t sort it I doubt anyone can.

You should still be able to get the time ok. The date is fubar due to some change in the gps signal. If I recall it would only do 30 min sets so you had to pick your moment. Not sure what the deal is with the no compass option. Command online know about these units. Alfie who asked you about the satellite’s works for them I think. If they can’t sort it I doubt anyone can.
The time is right on the comand screen and i can alter it but not on the lower dash screen. And of course the date is greyed out which I can't alter very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom