updating the software?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ray-GLA

Car
GLA220
We recently bought a used GLA220 and also an A180. I note that the software on the A180 (being the newer car of the two) also has newer software installed that is far better to use. Just wondering is it possible to get the software in the GLA updated ? is it something MB would do?

thanks

Are you talking about the map software version or something else?

In some cases, different models use different sat nav versions (or different Comand versions) and so have different map versions available

referring to the radio/media interface rather then the map software per se. I'm aware, the older models such as ours takes the Becker maps Pilot for navigation where as the new takes a Garmin SD card. But more generically, just navigating the radio menu for example, that has changed on later models.

For example, hit back multiple times when in the radio menu, brings you to the top menu bar, where as on an older menu you had to physically push the dial up to get it to the top menu, or where they replaced the functionality of the C (clear) button with a more useful favorite button.

We recently bought a used GLA220 and also an A180. I note that the software on the A180 (being the newer car of the two) also has newer software installed that is far better to use. Just wondering is it possible to get the software in the GLA updated ? is it something MB would do?

thanks

In a word no. The newer car has different hardware and there simply isnt a way to change the firmware/software on the older car to match the new one.

fair enough, I thought as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom