Upgrade Europe Maps to V11

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pdacrazy

Car
c200
I have Merc C200 Dec 2011 registered saloon car with Maps as 2011 (V4.0)Europe.

Can you advise if I can update the Maps by myself if I purchase V11 maps DVD on ebay?

Thanks,
JM

Assuming you have Comand, does the screen fold away when you switch the ignition off (I.E pre-facelift NTG4 car)? Or, is the screen permanently in view (i.e. facelift car, NTG4.5). The facelift was IIRC Model Year 2011 so it's likely that yours is a facelift car - which should have had the maps updated for free for 3 years while being serviced by a MB main dealer. It's seeming to be quite common for MB dealers to "overlook" the free updates as it ties up a service bay for 2 1/2 hours,

Did you buy from an MB main dealer? Has the car got full main dealer service history? If yes to both, you should be able to twist the dealer's arm to update the maps for free - although you may have to contact MB Customer Service to get enough twist on his arm!

Been a few posts about this recently on here and t'other side (mercedesclub.org.uk).

Don't be tempted by Ebay copies of Comand DVD's, unless you are 100% sure they are genuine.

Pretty sure his car is facelift so NTG4.5 - second user DVD's not available as a code from MB is required. On his other thread he has Comand Online - which I do not have on my NTG4.

Thanks for your response. Yes I have NTG 4.5. I have talked to Mercedes dealer in Southampton who is charging around £150 for Comand Online and Maps update. I will talk to Mercedes customer care as suggested as my firmware and maps should have been updated during servicing which was done in last 3 years.

I will update you after my discussions with Mercedes customer care.

I have talked to Mercedes Benz customer care. Since I am the second owner of this car, they said it was first owner decision not to update software and maps during first 3 years of warranty period therefore they can not do anything now.

:( I have to pay for software and most importantly for latest maps. Is there any cheaper way to update just maps?

JM.

I have talked to Mercedes Benz customer care. Since I am the second owner of this car, they said it was first owner decision not to update software and maps during first 3 years of warranty period therefore they can not do anything now.

:( I have to pay for software and most importantly for latest maps. Is there any cheaper way to update just maps?

JM.

MB customer care trying to wriggle out of something that will cost them - now there's a surprise!!

Look to the MB dealer who serviced the car before the 3 years expired, ask them to prove that the then owner told them not to update the maps or refused an offered update. Pound to a pinch of sh1t they can't, so then ask the dealer principle why the updates were not done when the car was serviced in accordance with the MB ESS. Don't fall at the first fence - keep pushing and fighting!! Search on here and mercedesclub.org.uk, you'll find more than one example same as yours!

My car had 2 map updates last year and on both occasions took the best part of a day to complete so the process can't be that simple just so as you know.

NTG4.5 needs a map disk set, and a map pin that the COMAND will ask you for.

It is worth talking to MB dealer to see if they can provide a map pin for any of the map sets that were released within the 3 year free map updates for your car. I've never tried that, may work. Then you can get that version of the map disks. (edit, and if your car was December 2014, that should be the V11 pin code)

Talk to Comand Online ([email protected]), they can probably get you the map disk in that picture for less than that ! But you'll still need a PIN code

(edit, and if you send your VIN to Comand Online, i'll find out if we can get the pin code FOC, or whether all PIN codes stopped being free when the car reached 3 years)

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:
Richard, it's amazing how many posts we're seeing here and on t'other side about MB "overlooking" FOC Comand updates in the 3 year free period - and as ever you and Alfie are the gurus. Many thanks for your continuing support on both forums.

MB customer care trying to wriggle out of something that will cost them - now there's a surprise!!

Look to the MB dealer who serviced the car before the 3 years expired, ask them to prove that the then owner told them not to update the maps or refused an offered update. Pound to a pinch of sh1t they can't, so then ask the dealer principle why the updates were not done when the car was serviced in accordance with the MB ESS. Don't fall at the first fence - keep pushing and fighting!! Search on here and mercedesclub.org.uk, you'll find more than one example same as yours!

Thanks Chrishazle for the advice. I have sent email to service centre where it was serviced twice during 3 years warranty period. I will update once I get response back.

NTG4.5 needs a map disk set, and a map pin that the COMAND will ask you for.

Talk to Comand Online ([email protected]), they can probably get you the map disk in that picture for less than that ! But you'll still need a PIN code

Thanks Richard for the suggestion. I sent VIN to Comand Online and got following response from Mark. It is alot of money for software and maps update.

"Comand Europe Ltd can update your firmware to the latest version for £120 inc. To load the latest V11 maps they will charge £150inc. The car would be needed for about three hours."

JM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom