Upgrade for audio 10 cassette player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve.r

Car
04 CLK 270 cdi
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought a 2004 clk pre facelift and am due to pick it up the Saturday. This is my first Mercedes and can't wait. This car has all the options but to my amazement still has the old audio 10 cassette player with the cd changer in the glove box. This spoils the whole look of the interior and is pretty much obsolete these days.

I have done some searching and found that there are oem style units with satnav, dvd etc available for a reasonable price and appear to look very good.

So my question is has anybody fitted a unit like this and are they any good.

M98 MMI DVD GPS SatNav For Mercedes C Class, CLK and SLK

If not worth taking a chance on what are the recommendations for a replacement unit with satnav that is compatible with the steering wheel controls.

Thanks.

Hi I have upgraded from a audio 10 to a pioneer avic f930, it wasn't to much trouble to fit. Most aftermarket satnav's will fit it depends on your choice of make and budget, I would steer clear of any Chinese make's as they are quite troublesome.

+1 for staying away for the Chinese copies/clones/the OEM look. There have been several threads in my short time on the forum of people asking about update problems, freezing, reliability etc etc.

Life's adage, 'you only get what you pay for', is never truer in these situations. If money is tight, wait, be patient and save up.

^^+1 for Pioneer. Would also recommend Kenwood all in ones. Alternatively, have a look at comand.co.uk. Several people (me included) have had oem units fitted by Alfie…….there may a similar priced genuine MB option you can go for which will accept updates, won't freeze and will be compatible.

Thanks for the replies.

I had a feeling the Chinese units would not be the recommended way to go.

I have to admit I am still tempted especially after looking at the cost of a similar spec Pioneer or Kenwood units and that does not include sourcing all the extra bits to fit them to a CLK.

I would really like to hear from someone who has actually fitted one of these Chinese units before I totally right of the idea.

After all, for half the price of a Pioneer or Kenwood and looking OEM it really does not have to be as good as the well-known makes as long as it is not rubbish.

Please keep the opinions coming.

Every post I have seen on various forums from various marques have always said they found it clunky at best, crap more the norm. There have been one or two exceptions.

I would go with a nice aftermarket unit. I love the more oem look, but think the dash in your car takes it well.

220%20cube%20interior.JPG

I must admit that picture of the pioneer does look smart.
Based on the replies I have received I will hold off buying a cheap unit and save a bit longer to get a Pioneer or Kenwood unit.

Thanks for the advice.

Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom