upgraded tailgate struts Vito 114 VTS/L

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamesieboy52

Car
Vito 114 VTS/L
I am currently trying to source a set of upgraded tailgate gas struts. The 2014 Vito 114 VTS/L I own was recently
fitted with a Mercedes 4 bike carrier. Unfortunately the rear door will not stay up with the bike carrier fixed and with no bikes attached.
I can lift the door easily but the door closes without me holding it. I have spoken to Mercedes and they do not have uprated struts.
Does anyone know where I can buy a set of upgraded struts from? Thanks.

Try looking up a higher rated spring in the Stabilus Catalog. Believe they are the OEM supplier for MB struts.

Home

I found some of the right dimensions, mountings and support effort I needed and bought them through their UK agent F A Parkes. Does take some effort to identify the right ones as they seem to have thousands of differing struts.

Stays-Gas

PS took a month through Parkes, probably would have been quicker through German Ebay.

Try looking up a higher rated spring in the Stabilus Catalog. Believe they are the OEM supplier for MB struts.

Home

I found some of the right dimensions, mountings and support effort I needed and bought them through their UK agent F A Parkes. Does take some effort to identify the right ones as they seem to have thousands of differing struts.

Stays-Gas

PS took a month through Parkes, probably would have been quicker through German Ebay.

Thanks. That’s very helpful. I’ll have look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom