Upgraded Wing mirrors with blinkers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

comports

Car
CLK 350 Cabriolet
Hi all,

Just wondering if I can upgrade my wing mirrors for those with integral indicators in them.I have a pre facelift 99 CLK 320 with reverse dipping, electric folding mirrors at the moment and want to upgrade to have the indicators in them.

Does anyone know if this is a straight swap or will I not have the correct wiring to be able to handle the indicators..?

If it's a yes, would anyone have the part numbers I need to speak to Mercman..?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Just wondering if I can upgrade my wing mirrors for those with integral indicators in them.I have a pre facelift 99 CLK 320 with reverse dipping, electric folding mirrors at the moment and want to upgrade to have the indicators in them.

Does anyone know if this is a straight swap or will I not have the correct wiring to be able to handle the indicators..?

If it's a yes, would anyone have the part numbers I need to speak to Mercman..?

Thanks in advance.
The covers can be changed to the later ones, the indicater lens are about £17 the covers were £80 and come ready painted
There is no wiring and the only possible place to take the signal from is the instrument cluster and feed the wires through the doors.

Easy enough job, but they can look silly IMO as you already have side blinkers in the wings...

Could always remove the side ones and smooth off the wings perhaps?

Could always remove the side ones and smooth off the wings perhaps?

Could do, or face lift wings, but both are expensive, its only my opinion...;)

Good point people about the wing indicators. I think I'll pass on that one because of the extra work/cost involved.

Thanks for bringing me back down to earth.

I think it could be done fairly cheap,Try some merc breakers to see what they have.You could allways spray them yourself if needed,And the power can be taken from the front wing indicators, and leave them fitted.You dont really notice they are there until you wash the car.At least I dont notice them anyway.

Do both your repeators & the mirrors both blink on yours pluggers?

I had my wings blanked when i had the 210 mirrors fitted on the C43.

As did Koolvin and it looks Great. C43 AMGs car looks like it was built that way, without the indicators on the wing. Fantastic mod:bannana:
Edit: p. have you got before and after photos?

Same here, but i had them both blinkiing for a year or so and it didnt look out of place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom