Upgrading Audio 20 Btooth to Mercedes OEM DVD satnav system. not integrating.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a. waterfield

Hi I've purchased one of the alpine s900r rebadged "mercedes media center" style headunits (B6 788 5167) , it is great, but i have no steering controls, the unit has additional OEM MB boxes wired in the back, which look like lots of the other stalk adapters i have fitted before. can anyone look up the part number: B6 788 5156 and tell me what this is?

also on the vehicle quad lock connector, there is the usual 8 pin power, and 8 pin speaker outputs, which are connected to, but the other pin sets above have no wiring going to them from the Headunit loom, what are these for?

or could it be it just needs coding in star?

any help would be much appreciated.
Alex

You need the installation document. Ask the dealer you got the unit from. It is document number az82.85-p-0006ak - but dont forget to get the document it references for installation of the wiring loom, there are 4 different option dependant sets of those instructions.

It does involve a datacard update (remove existing stereo related codes, and add option 77o and then SCN code cluster and Audio components - but my suspicion is that this is just enabling the NAV display and phone controls and steering wheel controls (the latter will already be enabled in your car as you have an Audio-20 I assume) - asuming the OEM MB CAN box talks to all of that.

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom