Upgrading Audio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poker Pro

Hi all, I could do with some advice.
After a long search I recently purchased my 3rd Mercedes, a 2002 E320 CDI Osbsidian Black with black leather - mileage 20k :cool:
I love the car but I'm stuck as to what to do about the stereo.
It is a single slot CD player labelled Audio 10 with controls on the steering wheel and a display on the dash. The radio is OK but the CD player doesn't seems to like CDR discs.
I've been told that if I change the head unit I will lose the dash display or the steering wheel controls or both!
Does anyone know if I can install an autochanger in the boot for my CD's that can be controlled by the existing head unit?
Any help would be appreciated....

You can upgrade and still keep the steering wheel controls with the in dash display. whoever told you that you couldnt was 'mistaken'.

Best bet is COMAND with a CD player in the boot. Fairly easy to install and controlled from your sterring wheel.

Take a look at the HowTo section of this forum.

Or choose and Alpine with the steering wheel module (KCE863B) and the facia adaptor FP-23-01, this way you could buy an MP3 enabled head unit and get an improved sound - cheaper than buying COMAND though admittedly not as funky and doesn't deliver navigation but the steering wheel controls work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom