Upgrading NTG2 v4 software/firmware to V16

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickC57

Car
MB R320CDI
Hello all

I have just got a new (well, used) R-class R320 CDI (W251).
It has v4 of the navigation maps/software so I purchased a version 16 2014/15 genuine MB update disc.

However when I insert it and it asks if I want to upgrade the firmware/software, it fails after a few minutes, with "Error #2".
The unit then won't turn off even if I switch the engine on/off, lock the car, open the car again etc.
If I remove the disk and put in the old one, it still asks if I want to upgrade even though it's the old disk.
The only way out is reset which seems to enable me to turn the thing off but I ran out of time to see if it will then work as before...

Do I need some sort of intermediate service disk before the upgrade will work (due to too many skipped versions) or something?
Or will this just not work with the latest map DVD?

Any advice welcome, thanks in advance and keep up the good work! ;)

In theory you shouldn't, but going that far sometimes does cause hassle which includes having to remove the fuse.

As a result we keep some of the intermediate disks in the workshop so we can do it in stages if it is a problem for customers when we supply map disks. (Sorry, can't remember which, I think we have a 6.x and 9.x or 10.x and one later)

Do contact Alfie ([email protected]) and he'll arrange for you to come in and do an intermediate update with whatever disks in needs to get it sorted

But, before that, try pulling the fuse out for 30 seconds and then trying again with the new disk and seeing if that worked.

R

Thanks Richard

Do you mean a fuse in the main car fusebox? Is there one dedicated to the Nav/Head Unit?
Or do you mean one in the unit itself (meaning pull the unit from the dash)?

Thanks Richard

Do you mean a fuse in the main car fusebox? Is there one dedicated to the Nav/Head Unit?
Or do you mean one in the unit itself (meaning pull the unit from the dash)?

Its fuse 26 I think in the engine bay. Have a look at the fuse map for the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom