Upgrading to Bi-xenon on w203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ckember

Car
GLC 350d AMG Premium plus
I have the headlamp units to upgrade to Bi-Xenon, and know that I must have xenon=present set using star, Does anyone know What would happen if I had this done before I changed the lamps over?

I know from other threads that if I dont do this the xenons will blink from time to time, but wil the original halogens work with xenon=present.

I only ask because it may be easier for me to have the software done before I fit the lamps

If you dont have xenons already fitted then the bix will not work.

Upgrade lights first then do the software bit.

ckember said:
thanks Andy,but in this post it says the lamps are a straight swap, but might need sensors for the levelling motors.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=32608&highlight=xenons

the lights are a staright swap but if the xenons are not set to present then the new lights will only flickker when you turn them on, the way to do this mod is to fit the new xenons first, then take it to the dealer or some one with access to a star machine and get the xenons set to present. i would do the mod the day before and then the next morning take the car to get it set to xenons present, That way your still legal. hope this helps

thanks,, It is still unclear if I need to add the level sensors, has anyone done this?

Its quite unclear as to what you are refering to as levelling sensors ?

My xenons and the bix i installed have them and all i did was swap the old to new, no messing with any sensors.

The self levelling works fine with just the swap over.

Please clarify a little more on exactly what YOU mean by level sensor.

Andy

Hi Andy,

There are apparently sensors on the rear suspension that are needed to help control the self levelling motor in the bix.

Well i never touched them and the bix work fine mate.

If i have passengers in the rear they still dip to adapt to the extra load, so im assuming since i never needed to adjust anything you wont need to either.

Andy

ckember said:
Hi Andy,

There are apparently sensors on the rear suspension that are needed to help control the self levelling motor in the bix.

With xenons/bi xenons there are two auto levelling sensors mounted on to the rear axel.

Cars that have the standard halogen headlamps will not have the auto levelling sensors. There is no need to add these as would be expensive and impractical. As long as the new bi xenons are manually adjusted correctly then that is sufficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom