Upgrading to e250/Jag Xf

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

digisatman

Hey all,

Thinking of upgrading from w211 e270cdi to either a year-old e250cdi or Jag XF 3.0.

I took a e250 cdi sport for a test drive yesterday, and cant help but feel the interior is a bit cheap and not the luxury I would expect it to be. Most of the e-classes tend to be sport models aswell.

Either going to go for a E-class or Jag XF, but really not sure? Any thoughts?

Jag XF is really competing with the E class not the C class.

XF interior it simply streets ahead of any Merc bar £100K plus models.

New E class is nice, and the Sport is a looker.

I've not sampled an XF but I'd wager it would be more fun to drive given the reviews. The E class will be a bit more solidly made (you'd hope). Also looking at e250cdi and Jag XF3 litre you're comparing a 4 pot merc with a 6 pot Jag. The two cars may compare on price but in smoothness, the shaguar will win...

come on more opinion / please

come on more opinion / please
You would need to compare the 3.0 V6 Mercedes to make a fairer comparison.
The interior in the Jaaaaaag may look nicer, but it's nowhere near as well put together as an E-Class.

The exterior of the W212 is by far better looking.

DSLiverpool (a forum member on here) had an XFR and iirc wasn't impressed at all with it.

The only reason I'd buy the XF is because it's made in Britain.

I can't comment on the driving experience, but when I sat in the Jag it felt smaller inside. The coupe styling certainly reduced the rear headroom and sat in the driving seat, it felt more cramped that the W212.

I had similar cars in my sights a couple of years ago and drove a number of XF's. My wife complained the ride was 'stiff' I would say 'firm', but they do drive well. The 2.7 is sweet but gutless, the 3.0 is ok and the 3.0s tops the lot on response, grunt and economy. I found the interiors a bit flash but without the hewn from solid feel of the 211.
The 212 is a good solid car, but the interior is a bit of a let down after a 211 in my opinion.
I ended up with a 3 month old CLS which does everthing well unless you need loads of rear space;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom