Upgrading to Electric Folding Mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wong, isn't the A1698206710 9174 unit for the 4 windows variant (500+584)?

I need the one pictured in your write-up, i.e. the two window version - I only have two doors.

The EPC is utterly confusing at this point - there are same part numbers listed with three or even four different configurations, e.g. 6810 (which is what I need I suspect) is shown with no 500, and no 583, then with 500 only, then with 583 only and finally, with both 500 and 583 :crazy: (not to mention same parts for L & R versions) ...

Sorry, the one with no 500 and no 583 is 6910, but still - three different configurations for the same part number? Six, if you count L & R listings!

:dk:

Ive done this very retrofit and have the correct two door switch with folding mirrors.

email me your VIN and ill advise the correct one you need.
[email protected]

Correct as I couldn't locate the part number for the correct two window variant, I transplanted the circuit board from a 4 window variant to the two window variant housing.

Thanks, great to know it can be done. As far as I can see, it's the option 583 for two window configuration, and 584 for the 4-window one.

Ive done this very retrofit and have the correct two door switch with folding mirrors.

email me your VIN and ill advise the correct one you need.

Thanks Mark, will do.

Still don't understand how come same part numbers listed for different configurations? I know the last four digits is just the colour - either 'dull black' - 9116 or 'laser black' - 9174, but I can't see anything related to option 500 ...

I'll wait for your email :thumb:

Hi everyone, I have a 2005 Mercedes Benz Class B 245. I replaced the two seven-pin side mirrors with two nine-pin mirrors and the two related control units. the mirrors work very well, and with xentry, I was also able to activate the automatic closing function when the car is blocked. the problem that occurred to me is that the side windows do not go up or down continuously, you have to press repeatedly about ten times the button to lower or raise them. Can any of you help me understand what steps need to be taken to code the control units and resolve this problem? By refitting the old ones everything works as before, but obviously the mirrors don't close again.

Attachments

• IMG_4987.jpeg
    IMG_4987.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4984.jpeg
    IMG_4984.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom