Uploading photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markjames

Car
mercedes e220 coupe
Ones anyone know why when I try uploading any photo I'm told it exceeds my quota by ....... Last one I tried exceeded by 83.6kb. They are only photos taken on phone and iPad. Have been able to do them in the past.
Thanks

Open a Photobucket account and load from there. Much easier and better pics.

Are you using the mbclub app on the iPad/iPhone?

As above if from desktop, use photo bucket or postimage.org IIRC

Thanks guys, that seems to work.

Markjames said:
Thanks guys, that seems to work.

Can't remember without looking, but there's a certain link you can select where it shows the image immediately on the forum, rather than a link. Think it's the thumbnail one, will be easier for future reference :thumb:

ash59fifty-uk said:
Can't remember without looking, but there's a certain link you can select where it shows the image immediately on the forum, rather than a link. Think it's the thumbnail one, will be easier for future reference :thumb:
ok, did see that one but didn't realise relevance. Will try next time. Thanks again

If you click on little yellow 'mountain' icon on top of message window, and paste the link to you picture there, it'll show up as an actual image, rather than just link.

Alternatively, if you prefer CLI - just type
around the link, without spaces

A picture taken with a phone or ipad will still result in a file size that is much too big to post efficiently on a forum. They usually need to be resized using any number of free photo editing programs. Paint.net is very simple and effective and it only takes a few seconds to crop or resize and image. Generally I aim for 640 x480 or 800x600 at the most which are 0.25 and 0.5 megapixels respectively. It's a very long time since any camera was only 0.5 megapixels hence the need to resize the images.

You can have as larger pixel-sized image as you like and with whatever file size you like, with the right program

iPhone pics post fine on the forum from the app and desktop, the app/image hosted will resize and ultimately reduce the quality of it before it reaches your eyes anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom