Upper + Lower Inter-cooler Hose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clarke77

Car
C200 CDI W203, Disco TD5, 2.0 Astra (SHMBO's)
Hi all

To get straight to the point car was checked by local MB and told hoses split and need to replace upper + lower inter-cooler hose and turbo intake pipe at the small price of Aus$1030.:mad:
I've pulled out the upper hose and found the split. Felt along the lower and it felt solid. I'm waiting on Ecp to get back to me on prices and availability.
So I taped up the split hose and tested to see if the other hoses and pipes where ok now the lower hose keeps popping off. Does anyone know why its popping off?

Any and all suggestions welcome :thumb:
The car is a W203 C200 CDI early 2004

If anyone can suggest any reason for the lower hose popping off as the local MB charge Aus$200 to plug in to the star.

With limited knowledge of diesels, sounds like pressure build-up to me, could it be a collapsed hose internally, blocked (stuck) EGR or a blocked Cat.
Hope this helps.

What's the best way to check this? Is it fixable? Please say yes:D

I had a similar problem on a VW TDi where it kept blowing its bottom hose. Turned out to be a stuck wastegate...garage diagnosed this and managed to free it off, but I also had to replace the bottom hose with a new one as where it push fits into the intercooler, the metal end of the hose had become worn due and apparently they couldnt be used again.....interestingly on slightly later models VW changed the way the hoses slotted together.

I suppose what Im trying to say is that the fitting at the end of your bottom hose may be worn, which is why it might be blowing off...I would try a new bottom hose and see how you get on and if it happens again, take it into a garage and get them to see if the wastegate is stuck.

It turns out that the lower hose kept popping was because it was not in fully (only by 1mm) so the clamp did not hold it.
Thanks for you help and suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom