Uprated Anti Rol Bars (ARBs) / Sway bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
Just a quick thumbs up for uprated ARBs.

I've never seen much if any of a mention on here, yet it seems to be one of THE modifications popular amoung all the Audi models on other forums I frequent.

I have just upgraded my front and rear ARBs with thicker H&R bars, which are adjustable too.

Looking below there seems to be a pretty thorough range for Mercedes.

http://www.hrsprings.com/site/index.html

If you want to tighten up your cars handling, with or without (without in my case) stiffer or lower suspension these really make a big impact. Flatter more stable cornering, more point and go feel, no loss of comfort.

I bet this is a C32 must have mod on the US forums too.

Hmmmm

Don't seem to do them for w124's :(

I did the front and rear ARBs on my MK4 Golf. I bought the Eibach ones, and the handling was far better.

My Merc bounces all over the show, and I thought it should at least absorb the bumps.

In the US the recommended W124 arb upgrades are a 500E bar or one from a limousine. The 500E bar is shaped for a V8 so probably won't be suitable for UK cars. For UK cars a limo bar, or one from an E36, IIRC, are the stiffest available

A session with the parts computer at a friendly dealer should turn up which bars are stiffer & suitable

Stiffness is related to thickness so bars are normally described by thickness only

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Last edited:
Well i have uprated mine to the sportline ones, they have made quite a difference, with Eibach sportline springs...:rock:

Still looking for some bilstein shocks, thats Carlsson would have used...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom