UPS delivery question

paneraiseeker

Ordered a jacket from Italy, but on delivery I'm out and parcel has been left with neighbor. Knock on door and neighbor now denies all knowledge of receiving any delivery.
What now?

Need this on a Saturday morning.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Would your neighbor fit into your jacket? If yes then watch for him leaving home wearing it.

It's down to UPS. They must have a signature and full delivery address where the parcel was left and who with. If not then they are liable.

OP
OP
P

paneraiseeker

Sorry should of mentioned. Received an email from UPS stating jacket delivered next door with there surname so they have it.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
How well or otherwise do you get on with this neighbour?

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
Elderly, seems strange then?

Advise UPS...the guy who delivered it should be able to clear this up.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 C200CDI Estate
Sorry should of mentioned. Received an email from UPS stating jacket delivered next door with there surname so they have it.
Their surname/signature ??? ----well having seen my own pathetic efforts at signing for things- good luck with deciphering what is usually a meaningless scrawl. One possibility is that "a" neighbour did sign for the parcel --- just not "your " neighbour- someone else's neighbour at the wrong adjacent address/street.

jotter22

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK 320 Avantgarde convertible
Or the driver himself? Have had all kinds of issues with UPS dont use them if i can help it!

Tony

camerafodder

MB Enthusiast
Car
VW Touareg R-line Tech, Toyota IQ2
No, thought in the event I'm out they would either attempt another delivery another day or I could collect from depo.

In that case your claim is with UPS

Their surname/signature ??? ----well having seen my own pathetic efforts at signing for things- good luck with deciphering what is usually a meaningless scrawl. One possibility is that "a" neighbour did sign for the parcel --- just not "your " neighbour- someone else's neighbour at the wrong adjacent address/street.

This is a very good point.

MissyD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E200 1993, CLK 350 2005
How do you know it was at your neighbours? Did they leave a card?

Edit. just seen answer above!

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
If the delivery was arranged by the supplier, it's pretty much their problem.

You were right to talk to UPS trying to resolve this, but ultimately you are a customer who made an remote purchase and did not receive the goods. The supplier will then have to sort it out with the courier.

Unless you arranged for UPS to collect the goods for you from Italy?

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
I have had my parcel delivered at an adjacent street via a courier before. Following Sat Navs and not paying attention to road names is easily done

camerafodder

MB Enthusiast
Car
VW Touareg R-line Tech, Toyota IQ2
If the delivery was arranged by the supplier, it's pretty much their problem.

You were right to talk to UPS trying to resolve this, but ultimately you are a customer who made an remote purchase and did not receive the goods. The supplier will then have to sort it out with the courier.

Unless you arranged for UPS to collect the goods for you from Italy?
I stand corrected, markjay's advice is more accurate than mine.

PobodY

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK350 Sport
Agreed. - If it was the supplier that paid UPS to make the delivery, it's them that need to make a fuss when it wasn't delivered.

Any chance it's a different neighbour? - The courier wrote "17" on the slip, but it was actually "21" as an example?

Peter103

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 350 Bluetec Prem+Coupe.
Last Tuesday our post arrived at 11am, at 11:30 he was back delivering more letters, my wife noticed our house number on the letter but the wrong road name and called him back, by this time he'd delivered to half the houses in our close, and was surprised to be told he was in the wrong area. "Oh dear", he said, " well I expect the others will get them back" and wandered off. :doh:

Happytalk73

MB Enthusiast
Car
Vito
Agreed. - If it was the supplier that paid UPS to make the delivery, it's them that need to make a fuss when it wasn't delivered

Totally agree with this.

Last Wednesday TNT delivered a stone shower tray and left it in the porch ON TOP of LED lights that had been delivered an hour before. All lights crushed. :devil:

I phoned TNT and they told me to take the matter up with the shower tray supplier directly as it was them who instructed the delivery. :dk:

I'm still waiting to hear back. Nearly £100 for the replacement lights.

Lazy delivery person couldn't be bothered to move a few LED light boxes before placing a 58kg tray on the floor. No pride in their work at all. Boils my blood.

I hope you get to the bottom of this. :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

paneraiseeker

Agreed. - If it was the supplier that paid UPS to make the delivery, it's them that need to make a fuss when it wasn't delivered.

Any chance it's a different neighbour? - The courier wrote "17" on the slip, but it was actually "21" as an example?

No mate as the email clearly states there surname so that's why I believe the neighbor has it but as mentioned I'm not going to keep on banging on his door.

I'm going to contact UPS and Moncler and tell them I don't have my goods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom