UPS delivery question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
UPS used to be pretty reliable but their service seems to have taken a dip recently, a couple of our packages for work have gone astray.

The latest one was a package from our Japanese distributor, a route fairly well travelled. Packages get picked up from their office in Tokyo and go Narita-Frankfurt-East Midlands then by road to us via the local depot (Southampton). Normal transit time on a regular service 48/72 hours.

This one went first to China, then India, then Abu Dhabi where it had a little rest, then on to Germany and finally to the UK. Took 2 weeks start to finish, our distributor wasn't a happy camper as this was equipment coming back to the UK for repair so his customer was giving him earache of the first order (and Japanese is a pretty good language to be angry in). Needless to say once it finally arrived we had to drop everything and turn it round, fortunately it wasn't a difficult fix..

Cheers,

Gaz

It might be worth a punt at checking the houses that would be your neighbours if you lived on the wrong street - there is a slim possibility that they may share a surname with your neighbour...

Total of maybe 4 doors to knock at - one house either side, one street either way...

Packages get picked up from their office in Tokyo and go Narita-Frankfurt-East Midlands then by road to us via the local depot (Southampton). Normal transit time on a regular service 48/72 hours.

This one went first to China, then India, then Abu Dhabi where it had a little rest, then on to Germany and finally to the UK.

If the aircraft flying Narita-Frankfurt was either full / cancelled / broke down, the parcel might first have been re-routed to China. Once things go awry, they can swiftly go VERY awry... and air travel as a passenger is an excellent example. No doubt parcels have similar experience (although they generally don't suffer from limited legroom...)

You should have received some form of UPS "failure to deliver " notice telling you the parcel was left with a neighbour. I notice that many big courier companies are now farming out the final local delivery "leg " to white van man third party couriers. This is yet another possible source of error as they are not going to risk their business by admitting any mistake they may have made.
form_caen.png

No mate as the email clearly states there surname so that's why I believe the neighbor has it but as mentioned I'm not going to keep on banging on his door.
That's a bit of a slam dunk isn't it. - Any chance one of them signed for it, and the other didn't realise? Someone visiting them perhaps?

I've had it before where I've had a delivery slip saying it was delivered next door, so knock and they don't know anything about it... then a day or so later their partner knocks on my door to hand it over.

paneraiseeker said:
No mate as the email clearly states there surname so that's why I believe the neighbor has it but as mentioned I'm not going to keep on banging on his door. I'm going to contact UPS and Moncler and tell them I don't have my goods.

How come said Moncler jacket was purchased from Italy?

I order my Moncler stuff from here, or was it only available there?

one of my suppliers was once waiting for a delivery of staircase parts before they could complete a staircase to deliver to me
when chasing the delivery a week or so later they were told the delivery had been made.
queried it with the parcel firm & they checked their tracking system. turns out their driver never made the stair firms road & either pockeded the parts or binned them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom