URGENT: ABS fault reset?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aaron-P85

Car
CLS 500
Hi all, After my mechanic forgot to book my car in, I've had to fit the left front (previously diagnosed) ABS sensor (what a fart on for one wire!)...i've fitted the new part but I'm still getting the errors... should this clear after a couple miles or do I need to have the codes cleared??
Need the car tomorrow morning (or book hire car tonight):doh::doh::doh::doh::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Thanks in advance people!:bannana:

Hi all, After my mechanic forgot to book my car in, I've had to fit the left front (previously diagnosed) ABS sensor (what a fart on for one wire!)...i've fitted the new part but I'm still getting the errors... should this clear after a couple miles or do I need to have the codes cleared??
Need the car tomorrow morning (or book hire car tonight):doh::doh::doh::doh::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Thanks in advance people!:bannana:

You need to have the errors cleared with Xentry/STAR.

Thank god for that! Was crapping myself incase I'd broke it haha
So a regular Bosch/snap-on unit won't do? Got to be the units you've mentioned?

Now being told the light should have gone off automatically? Mechanics in hospital and everywhere else is wanting £50 for diagnostic plug in

An update...

ECP part fitted (Pagid)... ABS/ESP Light still on and heavy steering still... Had codes reset with 'solus' unit...codes straight back on.
Done live data check and sensor is reading same speeds as the other three wheels but still throwing left front abs sensor code?!!???
It's crazy that it's reading the data correctly and still throwing a code!!?

Any help appreciated!!

Wheel bearing is shot throwing out the tolerance of the air gap for the sensor...so original sensor was working fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom