Urgent advice required for purchase of C63 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eyeofthetiger

Car
2010 c63 amg
. Hi guys. I have been looking to buy a c63 amg for months and have agreed to buy a c63 amg for 45k(private) I have funds in my bank account and have discussed ways to transfer payment. I have already been to see the car and where he lives. He has requested I make direct payment into account and pick up the car. He has requested I make payment on friday morning and pick up car later that day. I cannot come until friday late afternoon at latest(banks will be closed then). I have offered to give him a bankers draft but he is reluctant claiming that they can be reversed and will require time to clear.

Can someone recommend a payment method that is suitable for both parties bearing in mind my circumstances ideally risk free if there is such a way.

Thanks

To me there is no other option than to arrange a day/time more suited to you both.

Why can't you make it for Friday morning?

Buy one from a Mercedes-Benz dealer - This sound bit odd !!!!

First take day off work/make time, get this deal wrong you will be £45k poorer!!!

go to bank (your local branch) explain situ, say you want to set a CHAPS up but you do not want it actioned until you phone later that day. Get phone number of that branch and the name of person you spoke to, not a 0845 call centre number

Go to said car, check it over, ring bank to action CHAPS, sit with car. Tell seller to check his account 2 hrs later.

You need to of actioned the chaps by 2pm for it to go in by end of working day, otherwise you will have a long sit by the car

I assume car is sitting in said sellers driveway? If not, then walk away from it. A utility bill will prove his address. If he is reluctant to show you one, walk away. A genuine seller will be keen to sell (esp in this market) and will all he can to make sure deal goes through

Last edited:
. Can someone recommend a payment method that is suitable for both parties bearing in mind my circumstances ideally risk free if there is such a way.

Thanks

Paypal? though make sure your happy with everything, the seller should be bending over to make you happy, not the other way round?

Cash. Book it out with the bank, go with a friend, drive to the sellers bank in the C63 and pay it in over the counter. If it turns to crap you've got the bank's CCTV and cashier as witness. Or use a solicitor's client account as escrow, the fee shouldn't be significant when you're talking about the potential costs.

If you can't come to a mutually agreeable solution then go find another car...

Arrange for the pair of you to attend a branch of your bank, armed with the car, the documents, keys, etc. He watches as the money is transferred from your account to his (CHAPS). He confirms it has arrived/your transfer is genuine. He hands over keys and documents.

You both turn up with valid photo ID (passport).

If in doubt, ask a dealer how they'd do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom