Urgent appeal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercedesDriver

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XF Sportbrake 25t X260; Mini Cooper R50
As you may have heard on BBC, my home country Serbia has been devastated by the worst flooding in it's recorded history!!! Please do whatever you can to help my compatriots!! I am listing two ways you can do this - both are absolutely legitimate and have Paypal options: one is tennis player Novak Djokovic's humanitarian foundation, the other is called Serbs For Serbs, which normally collects financial assistance for low income families. If you donate through either of these foundations, make sure you put "Flood Assistance" in the note which goes along with your Paypal donation. The links below will take you to the sites of these two organizations.
Thank You very much for reading this, please spread the word, forward the links below and please do whatever you can do to help!

CALL FOR HELP: Help the people and children suffering in floods. Together we are stronger! | Novak Djokovic Foundation Blog

Charity organization Serbs for Serbs

471002_obrenovac-novo01foto-reuters-marko-djurica_ff.jpg

470567_103376876447973256034428875244206915892765n_f.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-05-16-at-13.45.55.png

MercedesDriver said:
As you may have heard on BBC, my home country Serbia has been devastated by the worst flooding in it's recorded history!!! Please do whatever you can to help my compatriots!! I am listing two ways you can do this - both are absolutely legitimate and have Paypal options: one is tennis player Novak Djokovic's humanitarian foundation, the other is called Serbs For Serbs, which normally collects financial assistance for low income families. If you donate through either of these foundations, make sure you put "Flood Assistance" in the note which goes along with your Paypal donation. The links below will take you to the sites of these two organizations. Thank You very much for reading this, please spread the word, forward the links below and please do whatever you can do to help! CALL FOR HELP: Help the people and children suffering in floods. Together we are stronger! | Novak Djokovic Foundation Blog Charity organization Serbs for Serbs

Reported

markjay said:
Perhaps I am being naive... but why do you think this post is not genuine?

The fake paypal address ?? Are you serious ??????

What I meant was... you would normally report spam, advertising, or fraudulent posts.

MercedesDriver's post does not seem to be any of the above?

The link itself may or may not be genuine, I do not know, and it does merit some further looking into, but the the OP appears to have posted it in good faith. So why 'report' the post?

It is genuine the account is fake ??

Its quite simple. The link takes you to the paypal site which can be confirmed as genuine by checking the sites certificate.

Sp!ke said:
Its quite simple. The link takes you to the paypal site which can be confirmed as genuine by checking the sites certificate.

Yes but where will the money donated go ?

I think there is a valid point here - online requests for donations should always be carefully checked.

And there is a also a valid question regarding whether this forum is the right vehicle for promoting such appeals.

But my view is that any such concerns should simply be raised in reply posts - hitting the 'Report' button is not the appropriate response for a post made in good faith, regardless of the validity of its contents.

Last edited:
markjay said:
I think there is a valid point here - online requests for donations should always be carefully checked. And there is a also a valid question regarding whether this forum is the right place for promoting such appeals. By my view is that such concerns should gave been simply raised in reply posts - hitting the 'Report' button is not the appropriate response for a post made in good faith, regardless of the validity of its contents.

I'm trying to stop people getting ripped off, I'm sorry if this offends if I believe something to be dodgy I will report it. Like earlier I received this warning for suggesting someone had a blown head gasket . These people are the ones ruining the forum not me ..

Attachments

• image-2250489093.jpg
    image-2250489093.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom