URGENT - Customer Services Nightmare - Contact Details for Senior Execs in Germany?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mclean36

Car
CLK55 AMG
I am having THE mother and father of a bad experience with Mercedes / AMG 'customer services'. As the the owner of a 'factory special' manufactured in 2000, picked up direct from the factory, and never put on a customer data base (until I asked for it to happen in 2006), I was advised by Mercedes in the UK to go direct to an engineer at the factory, since they had NO access to the real-world build spec. I was told about the necessity of getting past customer services, otherwise I would drop into a customer services 'black hole', since they have no means of diverting from their standard, defined customer services processes. How right they were!

After a dozen contacts, I have not yet got past customer services. They have ignored a polite request within an email attached letter, refused to answer a basic question supplied on multiple ocassions, refused to forward anything to an engineer at the factory, deleted many of my emails (system message: 'deleted without being read'), refused to supply contact details for a PA of a senior executive, and completely ignored two emails headed 'Formal Complaint'.

Does anyone have ANY contact details with anyone at Mercedes or AMG that can deliver a route past these horrid people in Maastricht? An email address or full contact details for a senior executive (or their PA) would be a greatly appreciated.

When they advised you to go direct to an engineer in the factory I assume they didnt have any contact details??, think your gonna have one hell of a job to get through to an engineer regardless who you speak to, best thing might be to get someone fluent in German (I lost the ablility through lack of use) to call mercedes over there and see if they will help more, customer services in Germany tend to actually want to help you rather than want to fob you off. Is it a problem with the car??

Last edited:
Thanks, guys.

The reason for needing the contact details is a technical question for which I'm not looking for a resolution on this site. The car was never listed in the database, so there are no details of the build spec available in the UK or to customer services. The contacts with both AMG and Mercedes have been made through the 'contact' link on their respsective web sites, as well as a couple of attempts by phone (in German).

If anyone has any contact details, I would be very much obliged.

another
Martin Curran
Customer Service
DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center N.V.
Gaetano Martinolaan 10
NL-6229 GS Maastricht, The Netherlands

I've tried the 'cac' email address and the Maastricht people.

Original post reminder, "Does anyone have ANY contact details with anyone at Mercedes or AMG that can deliver a route past these horrid people in Maastricht? An email address or full contact details for a senior executive (or their PA) would be a greatly appreciated."

I ought to edit my last: if anyone has any contact details of senior executives or their PAs based in Germany, I would be very much obliged. Dr Zetsche's (CEO) contact details would be a good start.

Thanks, guys.

Last edited:
Yes, you can suggest that, AFTER you've read the post.

Thanks!

Mclean, once you've finished bashing down open doors, instead of saying "technical question for which I'm not looking for a resolution on this site" why don't you say the nature of the query. There are MB staff who visit this site, and experts in all sorts of specialities. You have nothing to lose do you.

These date from some time ago so don't know if the personnel or numbers/Emails are still current? Address seems kosher so altho you won't get the individuals mentioned you might get someone you can talk to.

CONTACTS:

1.)
Günther Riese
Vertrieb / Teilezubehör
Parts / Accessory Department
Mercedes-AMG GmbH
Daimlerstraße 1
D-71563 Affalterbach
*+49 (7144) 302-157
* +49 (7144) 302-202
* [email protected]

2.)
Antje Mackholt
Mercedes-AMG GmbH
Marketing Communications
Daimlerstraße 1
D-71563 Affalterbach
*+49 (7144) 302-157
* +49 (7144) 302-202
[email protected]

Attachments

• amg4.jpg
    amg4.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Curious as to the VIN not being on the database ...

Can you post it up for a second , so we can check and see if you are being told porkies ? :)

This isn't the 'Dubai' spec car that was on Ebay a little while ago was it ?

I would never email in cases like this: I would always write letters.

Curious as to the VIN not being on the database ...

Can you post it up for a second , so we can check and see if you are being told porkies ? :)

This isn't the 'Dubai' spec car that was on Ebay a little while ago was it ?

Didn't we have someone post here not long ago showing an "F1 Pace car" with special seats (Recaro?). Think that was blue. Got very shirty when challenged about the car's authenticity

Customer services refused to forward the letter attached to the email.

My request for information was courteous and accurately defined.

My company has delivered some of the most advanced customer services implementations in Europe and we regularly take reference visits from governments from all over the world. Rule one for customer services and, it turns out, for posters on here, make sure you understand the customer's enquiry and don't respond with anything that doesn't meet that expectation. Persistent failure to focus on the customer's requirement is met with a simple response inside my oganisations... the sack.

Yay - Grober! Fantastic, well done, hats off! That's exactly what I was trying to get.

Thanks a bunch guys!

Last edited:
The pleasure was all ours, clearly.

"This isn't the 'Dubai' spec car that was on Ebay a little while ago was it ? "

Don't see why that's relevant to the post but just so's you know, no, it isn't. I have the original order and invoice, and Mercedes UK has already confirmed the car's authenticity, hence their advice.

Are some people really so stupid that they'll publish their VIN numbers online? Good grief!

Mclean- nothing to do with your original question but do you have many friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom