Urgent Help! - Alarm/Immobiliser Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abbos

Car
W202 + W115
Started the car fine this morning and on the way to work decided to stop and get some milk from a petrol station.

Parked up and locked the car as normal. Came back to it and when I used the fob the car unlocked but the indicators did not flash. I locked the car with the fob and unlocked again but still nothing.

The car unlocks fine but it does not disbale the alarm/immobiliser. I have tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but this didn't help.

If I hold the fob upto the door and press and hold the button a red light flashes in the fob.

When I do unlock the car, although the alarm/immobiliser doesn't disbale the green light in the door handle just keeps on flashing.

Can anyone help?

Also is it possible to tow the car about 100m with it in "N" or would that damage something?

My 202 did this every now and then.. once when it was snowing a few years back.. was not happy!

A new battery always remidied the problem after half an hour or so!! had a stock of them in my car!

yep fob battery.

lucky though because I thought to myself there is no way I am going to get it towed, so went home and got my other keys and it was fine.

It's the second time I have been caught out by this. No damn warning and things seem to work a little like unlocking the doors so it just doesn't seem to make sense!

I was ready with the matches :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom