urgent help and advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c_200k

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML63
i might be buying a cls 55 amg tomorrow and would like to know whats what about these

i'm buying from mercedes its a used approved

any help or advice is much appreciated

thanks

As its from a Mercedes dealer and its an approved (and I therefore presume fully guaranteed) car, then you have no worries. If anything goes wrong simply take it back for a full and free fix.

Personally, I love the shape of the CLS and in its AMG guise will go like stink. Trouble is the fuel tank will empty a bit quicker than what you are currently driving (C200K ?).
And your insurance company will be rubbing their hands.

I would love one of these, but I know my limitations - both financially and driving skills wise. So will not be joining you.
Once out of warranty, I do know all AMG's are horrifically expensive to fix, so be aware that your service bills can often be 4 figures.
But on the upside, the enjoyment you can extract from driving such a beast can more than outweight anything else.
I am more than a tad envious.

BTW.....what colour is it?

Black suits the CLS very well - and with that AMG badge on the back sets it off a treat.

Personally, if I was going for a CLS I would be very tempted to consider a 320. Still goes well enough but doesn't empty your pocket nearly as quickly.

Last edited:
As said above with a full tier 1 Mercedes warranty you should be fine. Things to watch for would be where exactly the car lies in its service schedule- If its coming up to a high cost service [ e.g. a spark plug change there may be 16!] try to get that included in any deal- likewise pay very close attention to the state of the tyres- especially the rears- they will certainly be legal- but may also be due for renewal quite soon -and they are not cheap.

Loved mine, had it 2 years and a great car. As said above the spark plug service is over £1k and tyres £300. In 26000 miles I didn't need to replace pads or discs. Make sure it rises and drops smoothly and the seat bladders don't leak. If you get a slight pick up hesitancy in first and second it's reduced with good petrol but in my experience never eliminated.
You will love it.

thanks guys for your advice

well i'm waiting on the call back from them so i'll see what thay going to offer, if its not good enough then i wont bother because i'm in no hurry to buy

running costs insurance and stuff there is no problem, i just sold my E39 M5 yesterday and called my insurance company to see how much the cls 55 amg would be and i get £300 back

its black with Cream leather seats so everything else is black too just the seats are cream, i test drove one last week and they have an alright amount of power, its the noise i love more:D

when is the spark plug service due anyway, as far as i'm aware i think the discs and pads have just been done along with a full service its sitting at 60k miles so asked about the ATF fluid and filter change iswell

overall sounds like a decent car its just the numbers now

Spark plugs i think are 60,000 miles or 4 years whatever comes first. Check service book to see what has been done in the last service.

thats great, so if its not been done they they can do that iswell

cheers

Of course they can do it----if they want to. The point is a full plug change and say 2 rear tyres would effectively add £1,600m to the price you pay for the car if they are due renewal soon. If relevant you should try to take this into account when negotiating your deal that's all. The dealer may or may not be prepared to do this as part of any deal but it pays to ask. service record should show if the plugs have been done and measure the tyre treads with a depth gauge all round. If the rears are say round the 3mm mark they are past their best.

Of course they can do it----if they want to. The point is a full plug change and say 2 rear tyres would effectively add £1,600m to the price you pay for the car ...............

I know AMG's are expensive to own.........................BUT..........

£1.6 Billion seems a bit steep for just plugs and 2 tyres.

Even on a CLS55

Its only £1.6 million not billion so quite reasonable. ;)

BTW spark plug change may have been at an earlier service not the last one as the interval is 4yrs or 60k whichever comes first. You havent said what year the car is.

Last edited:
ok thanks guys looks like mercedes dont want my business so stuff them

i have been calling fri sat and today and no ones returned my call so they can take a fu*k(excuse the French)

but if this is the attitude towards me and i'v not even bought the car yet i dont even want to buy a mercedes at all

anyway its either an 05 or 55 so i was under the impression that CLS 55 AMG only came out for 1 year then changed to 63AMG

tbh thanks for the advice everyone but the experiance and customer service has kind of put me off

1billion now equates to 1,000 million as we have now adopted the USA system. What we called a billion , 1 million million , is now called 1 trillion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom