Urgent help bleeding brakes pls!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommyc63amg

Car
C63 amg
Hi, went to refit the brake calipers on my c63 after a refurb, all went lovely but I can not bleed the brakes, the two man method does not work. I let the resivour run dry and can't get fluid to the caiplers now.

What advise do you guys have to get the fluid back to the calipers as pumping the pedal isn't working for me

Many thanks

Silly question but are the calipers on the right side. The bleed nipples need to on the top so the air can escape.

As far as the two person method is concerned I haven't done that in years. I always use either a vac pump or on some cars ezibleed works very well as its a pressure system.

Yes they are the right way up, will a pressure bleeder do the trick you think?

I can't see how a 2 man bleed cannot work unless the master cylinder seals have flipped or are U/s.

Try applying a bit of pedal pressure before opening the bleed nipple, alternatively just try a gravity bleed.

I lost a lot of fluid when I took calipers off. When pumping the pedal I can get a few drips out the bleed nipple but not a steady flow. It's not pushing the fluid around because the resivour level remains the same

You say pumping the pedal. You are closing the bleed nipple on the up stroke, aren't you?

Take the bleed nipples out and let gravity draw the fluid through.

You say pumping the pedal. You are closing the bleed nipple on the up stroke, aren't you?

Take the bleed nipples out and let gravity draw the fluid through.

Yes, closing on the upstroke, think I might take nipples off like you say

When you say gravity bleed. Do I need to leave it over night with the bleed nipple off. At the furthest calipers?

Gravity bleeding with the nipples out normally sees fluid through in a few minutes tops.

One at a time normally otherwise you lose fluid onto the floor.

Pumping the pedal can damage the piston seals as they travel down the normally unused part of the master cylinder.

Ok thank you, and when you use two man method, does ignition or engine need to be on I assume?

No power needed for bleeding brakes.

If you really can't get fluid to move try undoing the flexi pipe union.

Ok so I have bled the brakes with a pressure bleeder, soon got fluid to each caliper! Went roound each caliper starting from furthest. Got all the air out. Then went round and checked them all again. Worked a treat. Pedal felt good.

But when I start the engine and press the brake pedal, there is too much travel. Does it get better after a drive?? Or shall I bleed them again with engine running?

Bleeding with the engine running won't make any difference, either there is air in the system or not.
You are probably just noticing the travel effected by use of the servo, which won't all e there when driving.

I drove it up and down the drive about 10 times, and still to much travell until the brakes work..

Re bleed you still have air in the system. Do not drive until it's sorted please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom