URGENT HELP: Central Locking: W219 CLS 350 2005

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cls350lhr

Hi Guys,

Recently bought MB and now need urgent help.

So all of a sudden my FOB key stopped working and I could not unlock the car using it. Even when I tried unlocking standing next to the IR sensor at the driver door, it did not lock.

However the Key is working fine as I can drive using the key. Have 2 FOBS and both have stopped working so battery cannot be the issue too.

Took to MB yesterday and they have given me a quote of 900 Pounds. They state that issue is Replacement of ANTENNA AMPLIFIER for which part is 280 and rest Labour. This seems too too expensive.

Does anyone know where can I get the part cheaply and also get it fixed? Any garage in South East/ East London someone can recommend.

Please help.

Thanks,
Distressed friend.

If it is indeed your antenna amplifier at fault, give Mark or Richard at Comand Online in Lightwater Surrey a call. Labour most certainly won't be a much as dealer rates!

How to find Us

Thanks - also from where can i get the parts cheaply. I have tried europarts however strangely this is not listed there

There are 17 versions of an Antenna Amplifier available for a CLS 350.

If you post up your VIN, I or somebody else can tell you which one was fitted to your car. Alternatively you could inspect your own unit and get the part number from it.

PS It usually lives behind the N/S C pillar and I wouldn't have thought replacement warrants a £600 labour charge.

I have found German Ebay to be a good source of MB parts at lower cost.

Last edited:
Cheers ..
Please see vin number below;
WDD2193562A033671

How did you get into the car while the central locking was not working?

Dec

OK, WIS has comeback with A 219 820 01 89.

This is the amp for a car with either Audio 50 or COMAND with or without Navigation (Options 525, 526 or 527), but not Keyless Go.

There are some videos and DIYs on Youtube and other forums for replacing MB antenna amps, but I couldn't find one specifically for a CLS.

There's a used unit on German Ebay for 32 Euros +shipping at present, but I expect you will find one on UK Ebay quite easily. (Latvia seems to be a source of quality used MB parts, I have had a couple from there )

Thanks Codger.

I have found this on Ebay Mercedes Genuine Antenna Amplifier A219 820 02 89.

It is quoted for 85 pounds - used. However it is 02 instead of 01.

Also fitting this will sort out the key FOB locking? You mention something along but not keyless GO - just wanted to clarify that this will help solve the issue.

Also by any chance do you know of any reasonable garage in London fitting this in?

Thanks a lot for all your help.

How did you get into the car while the central locking was not working?

Dec
Had to call AA to open the car for me Dec.

AMGeed - thanks for the kind comment.

Being new to Mercedes Benz myself, I have received much help from this forum either by browsing or posting a query, so I think its only right to reciprocate where I can.

Had to call AA to open the car for me Dec.

Did the alarm go off?
I ask because the alarm/central locking/antenna are sometimes associated with the same fuse, so worth checking this out.

Dec

Hi,
Yes the alarm did went off. Had to insert the key and turn on engine to close it off.

So i think it points to antenna. It is so difficult to find it online.

Tried calling couple of garges I had taken the car to before - but they said that they didnt do antenna fixing.

In no mood of paying MB all my hard earned money

A 219 820 02 89 is for a car with options 526 and 860 or 527 and 863 or 526 and 863 or 527 and 863 i.e COMAND w/o Nav (526), COMAND w NAV (527) and TV Tuner Analog (860) or TV Tuner Digital to Analog (863).

I can see your car has COMAND with Navigation, but I am not sure if the TV part of the antenna just means there would be an unused connection on the amplifier or whether it means the signal to the COMAND unit is multiplexed in some way.

I think you need confirmation from an expert (Richard or Alfie may come along) before spending £85 on a part which may not work.

I would rather risk 32 euro on the German Ebay for the 01 unit.

If Harrow is too far, Wright Tech in Sidcup have often been recommended on this forum.

Sorry, forgot to mention all versions of the amplifier support the remote central locking, but some are versions for Keyless Go.

Last edited:
That is what is so good about this site,a posting at 8.10am is solved by 8.25 am I would go with the german part if I was you,and give it a look yourself,or at least see the you tube video to see if you can do it,best of luck.

Hi... can someone help pls?
As of last Fri morn my blippers will not unlock the car on RF (infra red working if 1inch from door) so usable but not brilliant. Radio was all tuned in & sounded great but now just fuzz!
Everyone says antenna amp... but I can't find it... have checked all boot fuses... none blown.
I am new to the forum & as of 2 weeks ago am a Mercedes owner for the 1st time.
I have bought an absolutely near immaculate CLS500 (Feb 2006) 306 HP 7G-Tip thingy (lol) V8.
Bought from my bro in law, it has MB full main dealer service hist ... staggering amount of receipts !
Cost him £68850 back in the day... flippin' heck! ... anyway AMG wheels (re-finished last month) new tyres & every conceivable upgrade from new. Has freeview TV too by looks of it!
It all started well... had a few tiny rust spots on wheel arches so got them professionally repaired end last week. The guy took plastics/felt off insides of arches to underseal, then replaced... could he have disturbed a crucial cable as found this was all not working when I picked up the car.
What would the part no. of the antenna amp it jas failed?... my chassis number is WDD2193752A067712 ... can anyone help as getting a bit desperate.
As I mention... I can't find on the car... where the heck is it? Is it a square one or the long thin one?
Phone is working ok so probably unrelated ?
Last up what do the little tiny square black buttons do on the doors .... can't find any info on the function of these.
Help help
Best m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom