URGENT HELP!!!! Electronic gremlings and jammed boot lid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

borz

Car
C class 180k auto estate 57
Hello
got in the car tonight to give my daughter lift home and then everything that could go rung did ,it started with when my daughter put the pram in the boot and shut the boot lid in my w203 estate ,as I was moving I realised the rear wiper started working on its own without me putting it on and then could not turn it off ,after a minute it stopped and then I noticed both indicators were not working along with the petrol gage and the real window heaters ,I stopped the car to check what is going on ,try to open the boot and it would not budge and then noticed the real light would not turn off ,my daughter managed to get the pram out through the back door and the door would not lock only manage to lock it by the driver side we manage to turn the rear light by pulling the wires out ,any ideas please ,could the boot lock and all the electronics linked ?,is there a way to open the boot lid from inside the car as I need to open it to get my wheel chair out , thank you for reading my thread and any help would be much appreciated.

judging by the recent weather id say its possible that water has got in somewhere it should not be.
sorry I cant help more.

I hope your blaming your phone/tablet for the poor spelling.:D

Last edited:
Just a thought could it be the wiring where it runs through into the tailgate itself? perhaps with opening and closing the tailgate has worn the insulation away shorting the wires out.

thank you merc85 for your reply ,I will check that tomorrow , someone just mentioned the rear Sam might be the problem.
p.s sorry about the spelling mistake I am using onscreen key board

update ,I just had the car checked by mb mechanic and I was told the SAM unite is gone and the hole box need to be change and he told me it will not be cheap , if anybody have had the same experience I would appreciate any advice on how to do it myself and the price of the unit please.:wallbash:

Hi borz.

Plenty on eBay.

w203 rear sam | eBay

Did you manage to get the boot open?

yes, opened it from inside, there is a plastic cover you have to remove and unclip the lock to open the boot, apparently the boot being jammed has nothing to do with the Sam and I have been given a £720 shock by MB for replacing the Sam unit :wallbash: that is without fixing the boot! do not know what to do? :rock:
I know there are many used one on ebay but I need the new parts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom