Urgent help! I've been blocked from my email account.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Starky

Car
W211
realy need help with this one guys.

I was unable to read emails on my phone to day, and thought nothing of it. When arriving home I decided to check my emails via my pc, only to discover that my account had been hacked and subsequently blocked.

I followed the prompts showing me how to unblock my account, but unfortunately could not remember the re set passwords.

Then i tried to find away to contact the company to no a avail.

When thinking I had found a company who appeared to be linked to the email service provider, it turned out that they wanted a £90 fee for unblocking the account. I didn't pay.

Has this happened to any one else? Can any one help?

The only way forward IMHO is for you to contact your email provider to get your account unblocked. They will ask you lots of questions to prove that you are the account holder, so it is best to have all your account details to hand when you contact them. You will probably have to phone them on an 0870/0845 number but if you go to "saynoto0870.com" you might be able to find a phone number that is free on your mobile.

Hotmail.

Who's you email provider?

If it's something you pay for (e.g. as part of your broadband) it'll be an easy fix...

More complex for hotmal-type free accounts... but still doable...

Apologies - typed while you were posting and didn't see your post.

Won't be ransomware - possibly malware on your laptop, but unlikely to be ransomware. More likely that your account password was used on another site, along with the same email address... and that 3rd party site got breached (or was dodgy to start with).

Did you set a secondary email address when setting up hotmail? If so, you can get microsoft to send a reset form to that address (or to a mobile if you had that in place).

If not, https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx lets you reset your password. Issue is, in many cases your questions will have been reset... there's a link if you can't remember these or if they've been changes to contact microsoft. Fill out the contact us form, it usually take a few days or so for M$ to look at it. It's something like "I can't use any of these options". It'll be a questionnaire-type thing.

Good luck!
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom