Urgent help needed, central locking issue w202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seank791

Car
W202 C250td
Hi folks, I parked my w202 up locked it and walked away, now upon my return the car won't unlock, I've tried the emergency key but that's not working either, short of smashing a window do I have any other options? I've tried new battery's in the key fob also

Try holding the remote fob 2mm from the sensor in the door handle and try unlocking.
The year of the car, is?

Dec

Sorry for the lack of info, stressed out at the moment, it's a 1997 c250td, tried holding it up to the receiver nothing happens

Try some WD40 or penetrating oil in the key hole.
Will the key fully enter the boot/door lock and will the key turn in any direction in the key hole?

Dec
attachment.php

The door lock just spins, regardless of what way it's turned. I've sprayed wd40 in them both now so I'll leave it to soak in for a bit and try it again later

Any chance that there is a key hole on passenger door handle.
It could be concealed behind a round plastic weather bung.

Dec

I'm sure there's a sequence for this, two pulls of the door handle or whatever it is. Would need a Google search though and that's even if it also includes that particular model

Had a flick trough Google but the two pull method does nothing, managed to get a coat hanger trough then top of the rear door and got the window down, got her started and home, it seems like the key itself is at fault, as it wasn't being read by the car when inserted into the ignition barral, but after a few attempts it finally took the key and the car started, locked and unlocked. I've been speaking to key care as my keys are insured so hopefully have it all sorted ASAP.

Does anyone know of a way that the smart key can be reset?

Stupid question maybe but............

.........have you tried putting a couple of new batteries in your key?

It's key type B, and yes I have tried two new batteries was the first thing I did

Just had a look at page 109 there now, sometimes when my key is inserted Into the ignition it doesn't make the noise or allow it to turn, the key has to be taken out of the ignition and reinserted a number of times before the ignition makes its noise and allows the key to be turned to start the car? And ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom