Urgent help needed Speed Pulse W210

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Locky

Car
E220 cdi
Hi all... can anyone tell me where to find the speed pulse wire on my W210 year 2000.
I'm fitting comand at the mo and cannot identify the correct wire

*** Small Plug: Pin 5=Brown; Pin 6=Black; All other positions on the small plug are empty;

*** Big Plug A: Pin 2=Gray; Pin 3=Yellow/Black; Pin 4=Red/White; Pin 5=Blue/White; Pin 8=Brown; Plug B: Pin 1=Black/Violet; Pin 2=Black/Yellow; Pin 3=Yellow/Black; Pin 4=Yellow/Brown; Pin 5=Green; Pin 6=Yellow; Pin 7=Brown/Red; Pin 8=Brown; All other positions on the plug are empty;

*** Big Plug C: Pin 6=Speed Sensor from RH Kick Panel; Pin 8=Brown; Pin 9=Brown/Red; Pin 10=Blue/Black; All other positions on the plug are empty;

This is just what i found when searching, can't verify its accuracy...(might be for an american version so perhaps the passenger panel..)

Locky said:
Hi all... can anyone tell me where to find the speed pulse wire on my W210 year 2000.
I'm fitting comand at the mo and cannot identify the correct wire

The speed pulse on mine [e320] is on the ISO radio connection and also can be picked up in the passenger side sill, remove the plastic sill passenger side, look for an unused wire usually with a connector on it.
I can't remember the colour, green/black or green/white comes to mind, an easy way of finding the pulse wire is to stick a pin in the wire, connect avometer to pin and earth, the meter will pulse if you have the right one, ie read 0 then full scale, then zero again, ie. on then off
http://users.pandora.be/miata/english/Comand/comand_mercedes.htm

http://www.delta-autotronics.com/Speedsensors.htm

Last edited:
If its not on the A connector (in pin 1) , then the leads are in the left hand side wiring duct, at the front end of the passenger door sill (on rhd cars).

Theres 3 wires there, taped together (not connected together) - one is the correct one which is Green/Black

It's described in my COMAND retrofit document at http://www.mercupgrades.com

Richard

On mine it was in the passenger sill cable-tray, and was green/white.

nickmann said:
On mine it was in the passenger sill cable-tray, and was green/white.

Just to confuse everyone. Its green/black on W208 and green on W210 according to WIS and Mercedes.

I didnt know that was the case ! Dang!

I think the different colours are just the wires from the different sensors (theres a sensor in each wheel) - I'm pretty sure the last 210-E class I helped someone with had 3 wires all sat there, and the green/black worked fine

Anyway, at least we are all agreed on where the wire is !!

R

Hi thanks for the replys everyone. I found the three lose wires and the green/black wire seems to work fine. It's quite alarming how much of the car you have to take appart to get that reinforcing plastic frame out of the dash. Took about 3 hours in total to fit. Inc running the gps antenna to the rear speaker cover.
Clickable
Whats the latest disc I can get for my comand system. I have a 2002 disc is it worth upgrading?

Last edited:
by the way what on earth do those white nylon straps do behind the glovebox? they are wrapped around the tubular support for the dash, are they something to do with the airbag?

Locky said:
Hi thanks for the replys everyone. I found the three lose wires and the green/black wire seems to work fine. It's quite alarming how much of the car you have to take appart to get that reinforcing plastic frame out.
Clickable
Whats the latest disc I can get for my comand system. I have a 2002 disc is it worth upgrading?

It is definately worth upgrading your disk to the latest you can afford. The TMC versions are great for dynamic routing!

Well done on the install. The E class (W210) is possibly the worst of all to install COMAND 2 into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom