URGENT - Help please!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alilegend

Car
w115
Ok was going to try sort this issue out myself but it's getting on my nerves now!!! Having a few issues, hear goes

1) when I flash at someone the Head unit resets

2) when on idle the lights flicker and dash lights flicker

3) when I go for a drive and return, when I turn the car off if I try turn back on the car tries to turn over but get the noise like battery is dead, however I've just done a 40mile journey and turned car off and tried to turn back on but nothing. Literally nothing. Dash lights come on but that's it...

I've have battery and alternator checked and they said its not charging the battery went to another place and they said its fine so I was led to believe it's temperamental I removed alternator plug and cleans it out also..

Any ideas please!!! :(

Not really URGENT! Is it. Not like you have locked yourself out and have a small child with you...... or very descriptive as a title.

Not really URGENT! Is it. Not like you have locked yourself out and have a small child with you...... or very descriptive as a title.

Ok I didnt realise I need to give you every bit of Information but here goes. In stuck in a petrol station 50miles from home with my little nephew and the car won't start, thanks for the help you Dik

Check that the battery terminals are both clean and tight. Also check that the main earth terminals are secure. It sounds like something is breaking down under load.

BTW try not to flash at people, it's not nice.

Sounds like the alternator, if you can swap the battery for a fully charged one you should be ok to drive it home.

Failing that you'll need to get it recovered.

Have you checked the earths?

Sorted lads, thanks those who actually wanted to help. Was the voltage regulator on the back of the alternator

Ok I didnt realise I need to give you every bit of Information but here goes.

Telling us what the car is, the year & model at least, between insults would be helpful though don't you think?

It's a wonder of the modern world how the distance the internet provides increases people's bravado, precisely because it reduces the risk of a subsequent hospital visit. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom