Urgent Help Required !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kap02

Car
W204 C250 cdi Sport AMG
Hi all,

Having a total nightmare with the car, it went in today for a suspected water pump leak. To cut a long story short they couldnt get a rep pump and mercedes are on back order.

As i picked the car up the steering has gone really heavy when at slow/parking speed. But its ok when driving.... He took a look and said all belts are in place fine. Could be a Power steering pump issue?!

Help !

Europen Car Parts usually have Merc water pumps in stock. If not, next day delivery is normal.

He has three threads running on this same issue. His other thread says they used an aftermarket waterpump.

He has three threads running on this same issue. His other thread says they used an aftermarket waterpump.[/QUOTE

Wow, you must have a boring life to police my threads.

Europen Car Parts usually have Merc water pumps in stock. If not, next day delivery is normal.

Not possible, after my OWN research i have found out that this part is a Mercedes only pump.

My first thread was a concern about the leak, my second thread was in panic.... Not sure why everyone has got so hasty?

Surely the point of a forum is to discuss not get peoples backs up.

Anyway.... thanks to the sensible suggestions.

how are you managing to drive with a leaking water pump?

its a tiny leak, topping it up daily. I dont have a choice right now....

Currently waiting on the part which is out of stock. The car is used to commute both me and my partner.

I'm wondering if your belt is slipping affecting the power steering - either because someone has been working in this area (inspecting the pump) and not correctly tensioned the belt again or because you are losing fluid onto the belt causing it to slip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom