Urgent help required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swann

Have a clk 230 kompressor elegance 1999 auto coupe
It is on one spare wheel and 3 axle stands.

The car needs moving about 15ft in a warehouse.

I don't have the jacking equipment and merc want 200 quid for a spare wheel with tyre and ebay want 100 with collection!

I only need to borrow 3 spare wheels for 3/4 days max to move the car as it is blocking some building work.

If anyone can be of any assistance in the Blackpool north west area (I can travel upto 20 miles to collect/return) i would appreciate it and sort them with some beer money:)

Breaker's yard? AFAIK car will share wheels with Merc 190, W124 ( OLD E CLASS) W202 (C class )and possibly W210 ( E CLASS) take your remaining wheel along to check the wheel stud spacing/clearance? Where are the original wheels?

I would let you borrow my summer tyres during winter and winter tyres during the summer but I don't qualify with the 20 mile distance.

If you can have another spare for the rear, you could use a workshop jack with wheels an lift the front from the centre jack point under the engine. Sufficient if you are moving it inside only 15 feet.

Have a clk 230 kompressor elegance 1999 auto coupe
It is on one spare wheel and 3 axle stands.

The car needs moving about 15ft in a warehouse.

I don't have the jacking equipment and merc want 200 quid for a spare wheel with tyre and ebay want 100 with collection!

I only need to borrow 3 spare wheels for 3/4 days max to move the car as it is blocking some building work.

If anyone can be of any assistance in the Blackpool north west area (I can travel upto 20 miles to collect/return) i would appreciate it and sort them with some beer money:)

Get in touch with Ian Walker on this forum - he is a very helpful chap and can also help look after your car :)
(maybe see you at the NW GTG on December 10th? Thread in the Events section)

Cheers people, Nipped to Ians this morning but he wasn't there. I've sent him a pm.
Trying all sorts now it's only 15ft max!

May be at event, used to be on here a lot but I got 9 points and I'm 22 so my insurance went from a grand fully comp to 5 grand. Points were for fitting a private number plate and not telling insurance company. Basically I was driving knowing I'd paid in full for the policy and was insured, but because the plate was different (although chassis mached) I wasn't technically insured.

If you can't get wheels just beg/borrow/hire a couple of pump up pallet trucks and lift and shift the car.

:confused: i've no idea if it would work, but cant you pop on a completely different wheel from another car (which it sounds like you will have access to), maybe just with 2 wheel bolts or whatever just to roll the car the distance you need to move it by?

Can you get a trolley jack under each side and do it that way ?

A bit iffy , but if it's only 15 feet .....

Cheers people, Nipped to Ians this morning but he wasn't there. I've sent him a pm.

May be at event, used to be on here a lot but I got 9 points and I'm 22 so my insurance went from a grand fully comp to 5 grand. Points were for fitting a private number plate and not telling insurance company. Basically I was driving knowing I'd paid in full for the policy and was insured, but because the plate was different (although chassis mached) I wasn't technically insured.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: £5K!!!! What are you driving for goodness sake? :)

Sorted
Thanks to all, bought a wheel and tyre from a scrappers. Fitted to front with the other spare.
Took a pump truck and some blocks and lifted backend and rolled with a sort of please don't fall expression.
Hopefully she will be back on the road one day.

That sounds a bit hard to me. Tell me a drunken driver would get a lower "punishment" and the system looks as stupid as ours.

Well, things were going well and although I am young so usually got pulled everyday for driving it I was working hard and as I said I had paid the insurance in full. However I was so head over heals in paperwork with chaning the plate, sorting new tax disc and log book and back and forth to the dvla I forgot to phone insurance company and tell them.
Judge said I'm going to be lienient in this case. :confused:
Now I can barely get insured on my van as I have ins points for driving without insurance.
It's an unfair world. But then we knew that.

My intention is to finish the work on it and then insure it on a daily basis, maybe sunday driver style or for show days and weeks away in the lakes. Certainly miss driving it daily.

Had bmw 2 years, w202 1 year and w208 6 months, done rally courses, advanced driving and everything, and now I can barely get insured on the van as I said.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom