Urgent help with Aerosus shocks (W219 Air Bag Suspension)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moodi

Car
CLS55
So, I've just received a pair of front air shocks for my W219 CLS55 AMG from Aerosus and have my mechanic booked to fit them tomorrow morning.

However, upon inspection:

- My shocks do not reference AMG, on the box or the shock itself
- Aerosus specify AMG and non-AMG on their website, I was very careful to pick the AMG (which are the same price) and have this confirmed on my order reference
- The invoice does not say AMG
- Their website specifies the exact same product code (their internal SKU) for the AMG and non-AMG shock, example for the left side below
- Their website has different weights (8.9KG non AMG and 10.5kg for the AMG) as well as different compatibility part numbers for each, which leads me to believe they are in fact meant to be different as I have read online (the AMG are firmer?)

Example for the left hand side:
AMG - Mercedes-Benz CLS Class C219 Left Front AMG Air Suspension Shock - A2113205338 | Aerosus
Non-AMG - Mercedes-Benz CLS Class C219 Left Front Shock - A2193201113 | Aerosus

Has anyone got experience with Aerosus shocks on their W211/W219 AMG and can help shed some light? I will be calling them tomorrow AM first thing but would be good to know if anyone else has experienced similar.

I've just weighed mine out of box using the most scientific method I can (myself on the scales +/- the shocks) and they are coming up as just under 8.9KG.

I guess they have picked/sent me the wrong ones? It definitely feels like there is a distinction between AMG and non-AMG, despite the identical SKU.

Maybe @merc85 can help

IMO you should have got Arnott units

I could not find a (at least online) UK supplier for the Arnott units and heard very good things about Aerosus from a few members on here. But if these are indeed incorrect they will be going back and I may decide to go elsewhere if you can recommend why Arnott and a link to purchase?

Plenty of Arnott suppliers in UK. See here: Dealer Locator

I’ve heard good things about Arnott and many on here stand by them. Not really heard of Aerosus? Again, best speak to @merc85

He is one of the folks who recommended them, but I'll drop him a line tomorrow.

Hopefully just a picking error and something they will identify/confirm/remedy quickly.

I heard from a Member on here cant remember who tbh that Aerosus were fine or at were when supplying his units.

The Arnott Part numbers for a CLS i believe to be

A-2787 (RH)
A-2788 (LH)
Rear
A-2725 (RR)

I fitted Arnotts on the Front of my Last e55k, I have Arnotts on the Rear of my Estate the ride on both seemed/s fine.

I had a front air strut replaced by Merecedes and I think I was told they are the same for all cls/211 cars. Its the settings that are different once fitted. Could be wrong.

I had a front air strut replaced by Merecedes and I think I was told they are the same for all cls/211 cars. Its the settings that are different once fitted. Could be wrong.

My understanding is that the air bag is the same across all 211/219 but the shock absorber (bottom part of the strut) is different. Aside from a difference in shock travel, the AMG's have a different adjustive dampening system. Although all the shocks will fit with each other and not give any warnings - the issue would be that the dampening is not working to OEM/AMG specs.

Update - I rejected the Aerosus units as they only produce one product across the all W211/W219 (AMG or non).

Decided to go for rebuilt OEM shocks via AirDominance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom