urgent question before i spend lots of £££££s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

larkoth

Car
E63s 4Matic+
Hi guys I am new here, I’ve owned a mercedes in the past and loved it, I have decided that moving away from mercedes was a mistake so now I’m thinking of coming back I have been looking buying an E63s 4Matic+ but I have a question the dealerships don’t appear to be able to anser for me, and I kind of want to know before I spend a lot of money. I would be grateful if anyone can shed any light on my question, I have included 2 pictures to hopefully illustrate my question, I have circled the item I need to know about in red.
Please can anyone tell me why some cars have the exhaust note button and others have the power icon button instead, the car I am looking at buying has the power button NOT the exhaust one, is this a bad thing? The car still sounds awesome.
thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• 019c1eeb47a8476580697267b1fcc8f6.jpg
    019c1eeb47a8476580697267b1fcc8f6.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 36
  • af43615a70134144a86efe9691eb2d30.jpg
    af43615a70134144a86efe9691eb2d30.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 35
The second example has the performance exhaust option added to the car. Yes, the standard exhaust sounds great, but IMO the switchable performance exhaust is a very worthwhile extra.

AMG Performance exhaust system.

Make sure you can be heard.
The AMG sports exhaust system gives you control over how your car sounds. It uses three variably adjustable flaps, hidden within the system, to alter the sound characteristics, all controlled at the touch of a button. Choose from something quieter and comfortable, to louder and more aggressive – or something in between.

There are YouTube videos on this subject, but I haven't come across many that show a true representation of the differences, for a better idea it needs to be heard in person. If the car without the performance exhaust fits all of your other requirements then I wouldn't let the lack of a performance exhaust be a deal breaker, but I would be looking for cars with it as a preference.
I have a question the dealerships don’t appear to be able to anser for me
I wouldn't have much faith in your dealership if they couldn't answer this very basic question.

Never ceases to amaze me how bad some salespeople’s knowledge is about their own product...!

When you do go and see one, be alert to the crabbing of the tyres - some owners are completely fine with it and others find it intolerable. The tyres make all the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom