Urgent screen help needed please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GRAV888

MB Enthusiast
Car
2017 CLA 180 AMG in Black (mine) 2018 GLA 200 SE in Black (wifes)
My little kitten was having a funny 5 minutes and was charging round the room. He jumped all over my laptop keyboard and now the screen display has rotated 90 degrees anti-clockwise. How do I set it back to normal? I have re-started the lappy, but it's still the same.
Thanks

Sorry for not being of help Graeme, but I had to laugh a little bit reading that! :D

I'm sure I've seen a setting for this somewhere - have you looked on the display properties (right click on an empty piece of the desktop, look in graphics/display properties)

Will

My little kitten was having a funny 5 minutes and was charging round the room. He jumped all over my laptop keyboard and now the screen display has rotated 90 degrees anti-clockwise. How do I set it back to normal? I have re-started the lappy, but it's still the same.
Thanks

Right click on desktop and select Settings then look at Video settings. Most probably in there somewhere. Look at screen sideways...

Then punish cat :devil:

Usually with laptops where the screen display can be rotated there is a graphics display icon on the bottom right of the task bar. If you right click over the suitable icon various menu options should appear, including rotation.

(I hope the above isn't patronising....I'm not too sure of your IT skills, so started off with the basics)

If the above doesn't help, what's the laptop make and model?

edit: there was me thinking I was quite off the mark, but was 4th!

Thanks guys. ctrl-alt-up worked fine.
Turning my head 90 degrees to read the screen was ok, but trying to get the inbuilt mouse to go where I wanted it was hard.
As for the cat, where's my 12 bore:devil:

CTRL ALT UP / DOWN works on laptops with onboard intel graphics only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom