Urgently need help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tazz666

Car
CLK 320
I went out to move the car and the I put the key into the ignition and the sterring lock disengaged but I couldnt turn the key, I then striped the outer casing off of the ignition switch and managed to turn on the ignition, I got ignition lights but the car will not start, The ignition has been playing up as somtimes the steering lock has been tempramental. but if I left the key in for a second the lock would disengage and the car would start but It wont now Do I need a new ignition switch, and if so could I source one from a scrappy and will it need programed to the car?
or is there anyway I can by pass all the systems so I can use the car untill I can get another bit switch from the stealers? I have to travel down to northants for a wedding on thursday and I am desperate for advice

Get in touch with mark from mercedes replacement keys he might be able to help you out.

Get in touch with mark from mercedes replacement keys he might be able to help you out.

I was going to suggest exactly this. If you could live without your car for a few days you could send Mark the switch and key and let him work some magic!!!!!
The switch can be removed in five mins

I was going to suggest exactly this. If you could live without your car for a few days you could send Mark the switch and key and let him work some magic!!!!!
The switch can be removed in five mins
I have had the switch out, and it only took 5 mins as you said, you wouldnt happen to have Marks contact inf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom