Urgently Need To Buy A E320 CDI Estate (W210-W211)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercious

Car
E320 CDI Auto Estate
This morning I put my old W210 E320 CDI gold coloured estate through a hedge on the slippery back road. I don't feel too bad about it because no one was hurt and I'm not injured.

Someone turned a Mitsubishi with a covered Ivor Williams trailer over into a ditch on the same back road. Black ice!

The farmer's hedge will need sorting and I now have a V plate year 2000 W210 E320 CDI estate, full black leather, tiptronic, cruise control, and every other extra I can think of with a good straight six engine (150,000 miles), excellent automatic transmission and bashed up bodywork to get rid of subject to the insurance company who aren't answering claims calls until tomorrow.

So I'll find out what happens tomorrow.

It's basically a write off.

What I'm after now is another E320 CDI estate being either a W210 or W211.

I know you can't all do magic and make one appear but I thought it might be worth putting out a call.

I'm in Bedfordshire and am happy to travel to view any cars fitting the following description.

Ideally a lovely example of a W210 E320 CDI estate in black with full leather and with all the bells and whistles.

Or exactly the same but a W211 model.

I won't mention money yet but I'm looking at spending around £5,000 to £8,000 so the W210 would have to be something special.

I don't want any Cat Ds or hp problems. Just a straight and decent car. The colour isn't too important but I can't do cloth seats and it must be automatic and have the 3.2 CDI engine. I'd consider a V6 and I might even consider another model say a C class as long as it's an estate.

I know I'm asking for the moon but I can't live with any other car than a Mercedes E320 CDI estate. And the best is, in my opinion, the W210 model.

If anyone can help, please let me know.

My wrecked motor might be for sale as a complete car.

I will not be breaking it.

The insurance company might take it away anyway.

Regards and Happy New Year.

Having owned both W210, W211, and W203 with the straight 6, and V6, I'm not a fan of the newer car. It's either pre-facelift and flakey, or post facelift and fuel/maintenance heavy....

W/S210 without rust hard to find though.

Thanks jpwilliams.

It's a nice car but I'm really after the 320 with a bit more umph. It's within my budget but I'm now looking to spend the whole £8,000 and find something for say £9,000 that I can get as a bargain.

I find the 320 a good number. The 350 is very good but then I think 'diesel' and the 500 is brilliant but I think 'heavy' and 'diesel' (as in having to buy lots of the stuff).

'E320 CDI' just seems to trip off the tongue. Add 'estate' as in 'E320 CDI estate' and it sounds almost poetic and conjures up visions of 'survival against the elements and sitting on the back under the tailgate enjoying a smoke.

A very nice car though but not for me.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom