US Grand Prix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
...exciting stuff!!

Careful...no spoilers for those who have not seen it live.

Glad I watched this one, the weather was always going to throw a curve ball in and it was entertaining.

A race worth watching again.

It had almost everything in it.

The best, most eventful and exciting race for a long time. Throughly enjoyed every minute.

Adore F1

Ant

After such little running due to the weather, it was probably the best race so far this season

The best, most eventful and exciting race for a long time. Throughly enjoyed every minute.

Adore F1

Ant

Watching the highlights on the BBC now, great stuff. Wet, dry, great track. Ten laps to go....

...and well done Max Verstappen too.

I agree the most eventful race of the year. Even McLaren looked like they were at least making a decent fist of it for once. Bit unsporting of Nico not to join in the celebrations.

And to throw his toy's (hat) out of the pram!

Tony.

I think Nico really let himself down. In the past he has handled his emotions very well, far better than Lewis in my opinion.

Trouble for Nico is Lewis has got in his head. This and the fact Lewis is on fire, it's a nightmare situation for Nico.

Great news for F1, is the race was excellent and had everything a spectator could ask for.

Nico did join in the celebrations if you'd carried on watching the coverage.

Interesting chat afterwards with Paddy Lowe saying Hamilton came on the radio and apologised for the move at the first corner right after it happened saying he shouldn't have done that.

Followed not long after that with a chat between Ted and JP Montoya who pointed out Hamilton "Did what he had to do" at the first corner on the grounds that if both crashed out Hamilton wins.

Reminds me of a couple of previous champions.

My thoughts also on that move at the first corner where Hamilton basically came across and forced Rosberg off the track. The bit the BBC didn't show.
Nico Rosberg throws cap at Lewis Hamilton after shunt on first corner at US Grand Prix | Daily Mail Online
I would sum it up as a Grand Prix won by mind games rather than driving. Roseberg could have possibly won it if he had, as the Americans so graphically put it " kept his sh*t together" Very entertaining race when initial track conditions removed the Mercedes power advantage showing there are quite a few drivers capable of giving Hamilton and Rosberg a race on a "level playing field" if you excuse the mixed metaphor. Vettel came third despite starting from the back of the grid for example.

Last edited:
I don't blame Rosberg at all for his reaction, if it'd have been the other way round Hamilton would have spat his dummy out too.

Fierce race,best yet,best man won too.Very well done Lewis.:thumb:

Yes - congrats to Lewis - 3 world championships (and with 2 different teams) - well deserved and I hope he continues to add to the number of titles as I personally think Lewis is a genius in a car.

Yes - congrats to Lewis - 3 world championships (and with 2 different teams) - well deserved and I hope he continues to add to the number of titles as I personally think Lewis is a genius in a car.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he's at least the equal of Senna.

I don't think he would ever claim that - and I think that Senna is so highly regarded by some that it's simply unthinkable that any driver could really be up there.

But watching Hamilton compared with my memories of watching Senna and I think he's now up there - I think Hamilton is a better all round driver in the last two years than he was when he got his first WDC.

The modern cars as much about management as raw speed - Hamilton has that nailed along with the racecraft and raw speed.

I think the biggest problem for Hamilton is the lack of an adversary in the form of Alonso or Ricciardo or Vettel in a similarly strong car.

I've long thought that to make F1 more watchable they should offer spectators water balloons that they can throw at the cars or on the track or hoses that can just be left on, causing random little rivers here & there.

I believe the Austin GP supports this view.

BTW, Rosberg would have been blameless if he had taken Hamilton out on the 1st corner - a racing incident. LH was taking the piss.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom