US Soldiers Trophies of War...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
Anyone watch this program last night on Channel 5…?

Barbaric behaviour by the US Soldiers who all got kicks out filming live killings/shootings taking place and filming dead bodies which were being abused and much more. They even “confiscated” a van of a civilian so that they could go hunting for sheeps to have a barbecue and were shouting out to people to move out of their way and asking prisoners to smile for their personal video cameras.

Absolutely disgusting and disturbing....

Deeply unpleasant things have always happened in war. Just that those involved on the ground never really had the opportunity to record & distribute on such a global scale. Sadly, that appears to be the real concern of the top brass right now, not that it actually happens in the first place.

Quite a bit of filming goes on because the kit is now relatively cheap and easy to use.. £175 quid gets you a helmet cam capable of operating at 0.05 Lux and all you need is a camcorder with an AV in facilty

http://www.actionson.co.uk/ops-cameras-pt-65-s-0.html

http://www.actionson.co.uk/stealth-cam-pt-66-s-0.html

KosherBenz said:
war is never nice. It brings out the worst in all.
and what some folks fail to realise is that it takes two to tango!! I wonder just how strongly the media influences any conflict?

It is fashionable to report on certain areas, but where are the damning images on Chechnya, or Tibet?

Do documentaries give a balanced fair impression of any issue?

John

glojo said:
and what some folks fail to realise is that it takes two to tango!! I wonder just how strongly the media influences any conflict?

It is fashionable to report on certain areas, but where are the damning images on Chechnya, or Tibet?

Do documentaries give a balanced fair impression of any issue?

John

Don't even need to go that far John. I intended to mention what happens to prisoners taken by Afghans but I think it would quite rightly seriously disturb a lot of members of this forum. War is a terrible thing and believe me nobody wants to be there. Give a thought to the coalition soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan who may die tomorrow and for what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom