Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is thread has the potential of going too far. I think politics, especially the middle east are best left alone

I think the discussion has kept pretty level-headed to be honest.

Has Syria called for the annihilation of all Jews ?

And Iran isn't an Arab state. If you call an Iranian an Arab he'll get very upset.

I never said anything about Arabs, that was you.

I said Israels neighbours. Big difference.

called for the annihilation of all Jews ?

A common mis-perception.
Those in the region (who do) call not for annihilation of Jews but for the end to the state of Israel.
There's a world of difference.

So it was you that clearly made the connection with Syria and Iran and the Arab world not me.

Semantics.

You know what I meant and because of your support for Palestine, you're trying to put words in my mouth.

A common mis-perception.
Those in the region (who do) call not for annihilation of Jews but for the end to the state of Israel.
There's a world of difference.

Which is?

If all my neighbours say that they want to destroy my house, but not me, am I going to sit back and wait for it to happen?

Semantics.

You know what I meant and because of your support for Palestine, you're trying to put words in my mouth.

Not at all. I'm just drawing your attention back to what you posted - it's there for all to see.

Which is?

If all my neighbours say that they want to destroy my house, but not me, am I going to sit back and wait for it to happen?

Then get out of your neighbour's garden and stop using phosphorous weapons on their children.

Then get out of your neighbour's garden and stop using phosphorous weapons on their children.
I think if the racist persecution of the Israelites ended they would be quite open to renegotiate their national borders.....any chance that might happen?

Not at all. I'm just drawing your attention back to what you posted - it's there for all to see.

:rolleyes:

It is indeed. Look at the context of which it was said.

My point was/is Israels neighbours are out to get them and you've changed the argument to Arabs.

You're trying to sidestep the facts that Iran and Syria (along with the rest) want to destroy Israel. Can you answer that?

I think if the racist persecution of the Israelites ended they would be quite open to renegotiate their national borders.....any chance that might happen?
No because the Israelis change "their" borders on a daily basis. Out of interest have you been out there ???

So along with calling for an end to Israel, where do you suppose all the Jews go?

No because the Israelis change "their" borders on a daily basis. Out of interest have you been out there ???
What's that got to do with anything?

:rolleyes:

It is indeed. Look at the context of which it was said.

My point was/is Israels neighbours are out to get them and you've changed the argument to Arabs.

You're trying to sidestep the facts that Iran and Syria (along with the rest) want to destroy Israel. Can you answer that?

I said that no Arab state wanted to annihilate all Jewish people - you replied that Iran and Syria do want to. I haven't changed my argument but yours appears to be slipping.

Who are these countries that you describe as "the rest" ? Countries such as Egypt have already agreed in principle to a two-state solution and are prepared to acknowledge the right of Israel to exist.

However, peace will always be impossible to achieve as long as Israel continues to build illegal settlements on Palestinian land in contravention of every interpretation of international law (except their own).

Oh dear, i fear this thread is going to be "The bitch" thread for the weekend. :crazy:
Not for me, I'll probably spend my weekend broadening my perspective on life.
Lie in, golf, BBQ, bonfire and fireworks at the rugby club.

I said that no Arab state wanted to annihilate all Jewish people - you replied that Iran and Syria do want to. I haven't changed my argument but yours appears to be slipping.

Is Syria not 'Arab'?

And although I seemed to have not made myself clear enough, does Iran not want to destroy Israel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom