Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pre-67 borders would be a good starting point for negotiation.
But even with their pre 67 borders they were under constant attack from all their neighbours acting in concert....what were were they supposed to do,lie back and wait to be totally annihilated?

again religion is being used to start another part of a war, this war started when I was a kid when Iran kidnapped a load of yanks then they killed 300 yanks in lebanon I think and it has been going ever since.

Afganistan Pakistan Iraq was always about Iran, it was never about a rag head called osama it was never about a mad man called sadamm or a flimsy group called Taliban and a dodgy thing called nine eleven....wake up people Iran is now surrounded 30 years after the war started.

Is Syria not 'Arab'?

And although I seemed to have not made myself clear enough, does Iran not want to destroy Israel?

Your arguement is slipping again. In post #20 you said...

They don't want Jews to exist anywhere, never mind on Palestinian land.

Now your changing the argument and referring to destroying the state of Israel. As myself and others have said, this is not the same thing as killing all Jews.

And yes, Syria is an Arab country that wishes to destroy Israel (but not all Jews). This we have known for a long time.

But even with their pre 67 borders they were under constant attack from all their neighbours acting in concert....what were were they supposed to do,lie back and wait to be totally annihilated?

We can all forget about pre-67 borders. In May, President Obama put this idea forward as a basis for breaking the deadlock and moving the peace process forward. Despite international support for the idea, it was dismissed out of hand by Benjamin Netanyahu.

Your arguement is slipping again. In post #20 you said...

Now your changing the argument and referring to destroying the state of Israel. As myself and others have said, this is not the same thing as killing all Jews.

And yes, Syria is an Arab country that wishes to destroy Israel (but not all Jews). This we have known for a long time.

They're anti Semites, I really can't work out why so many are willing to condone and even support this singular type of racism

As myself and others have said, this is not the same thing as killing all Jews.

Finally....

So tell me, what's the difference between 'destroying Israel' and killing Jews?

You make it sound like Isreal and Jews are not even related!

They're anti Semites, I really can't work out why so many are willing to condone and even support this singular type of racism

The anti-Semitic argument (along with dressing up in concentration camp uniforms for the TV cameras) are the standard tactics used to deflect attention from Israel's breaches of international law, war crimes, persecution of civilians and disregard of endless UN resolutions.

And neither tactic is fooling anyone.

Because whilst people like to vilify Israel for protecting themselves, they also turn a blind eye to all the suicide bombers and terrorist acts that the Israelis have to put up with on a day-to-day basis.

It's ok though, they're only Jews....:rolleyes:

The anti-Semitic argument (along with dressing up in concentration camp uniforms for the TV cameras) are the standard tactics used to deflect attention from Israel's breaches of international law, war crimes, persecution of civilians and disregard of endless UN resolutions.

And neither tactic is fooling anyone.
There are none so blind as those who will not see

Finally....

So tell me, what's the difference between 'destroying Israel' and killing Jews?

You make it sound like Isreal and Jews are not even related!

They don't want Jews to exist anywhere, never mind on Palestinian land.

If you are unable to see the difference between your statement above and the destruction of the state of Israel then I'm not going to spend time explaining it to you. I don't support either idea, but there is a huge difference between them.

If you are unable to see the difference between your statement above and the destruction of the state of Israel then I'm not going to spend time explaining it to you. I don't support either idea, but there is a huge difference between them.

That's because in Isreals enemies eyes, there is no difference, that's why you don't 'want to spend time explaining it to me'. :rolleyes:

Your all going off topic It's about oil and nothing to do with Isreal or the poor Palestinians, Saudi yanks old European establishment and as mr Ike would say wake up people,I would love it if the yanks just said 30 years ago we are going for the Iranian oil and at least then we could all go about topping up our 3 litre plus engines without all this religious ball bags.

Fixed that for you.

Or read the Daily Mirror
I have noted over the months that whenever you're losing an argument on an intellectual level you resort to what you regard as personal slights....all with the protection of the anonymity of the Internet.

Or read the Daily Mirror
I have noted over the months that whenever you're losing an argument on an intellectual level you resort to what you regard as personal slights....all with the protection of the anonymity of the Internet.

I don't read the Mirror.

And I haven't lost an argument against you yet ! lol

You do make me laugh though.

That's because in Isreals enemies eyes, there is no difference, that's why you don't 'want to spend time explaining it to me'. :rolleyes:

Lee. It is the occupation of land absorbed into the state of Israel (taken in the Six Day War) that is the contentious issue here, not the existence or annhialation of any one Jew or all Jews. It's about the land.

Of course there's a difference. And there are Arab countries who are not well-disposed to Israel who are prepared to accept a two-state solution.

Amongst those who aren't prepared to see such a solution plenty couldn't care less where in the world Jews settle as long as it's not in Palestine. Therein lies the difference.

Lee. It is the occupation of land absorbed into the state of Israel (taken in the Six Day War) that is the contentious issue here, not the existence or annhialation of any one Jew or all Jews. It's about the land.

Thank you, a straight answer at last from someone.

I never intended to come across as 'pro-Isreal', I just can't stand the hypocrisy that any one 'side' is in the right in the Middle East.

And the way people seem to 'bash Jews' for the worlds ills just annoys me.

I don't read the Mirror.

And I haven't lost an argument against you yet ! lol

You do make me laugh though.
You have today..that's why you attempted to mock my media preferences rather my than my views

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom