Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah, the legacy of the British Empire, the aftershocks as from an Earthquake, still being felt.Sad, so very sad, or is it the tremors of an ancient Volcano that is coming to life again that, are being felt ?:dk:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we struck/warred with Iran. The middle east has been a hot bed this last few years... Iraq, Afgan, all the arab springs.

Israel is putting a lot of pressure on other countries to start action - but if that doesn't work I can see them quite happily striking themselves knowing other countries will inevitably join in to help them out. It is worrying about Iran's nuclear program though, it's not like he hasn't threatened the west before...

All it would take would be a few well placed nukes on Israel and a couple of western countries, then you have China - they are chummy with Iran, and I certainly wouldn't want to piss those fella's off :/

You have today..that's why you attempted to mock my media preferences rather my views

Hardly.

My argument: Israel breaches international law with illegal land occupations, commits war crimes with its use of white phosphorous against civilians, inflicts suffering on civilians with its blockade of Gaza and has used US support to ignore many UN resolutions.

Your argument: Anyone who disapproves of Israeli action is a racist anti-Semite.

Like I said, I've never lost an argument against you yet.

Throw this into the pot :
Hizbullah Discusses Its Operational Plan for War with Israel:
Missile Fire on Tel Aviv and Conquest of the Galilee

Vol. 11, No. 18 2 November 2011

In recent weeks Hizbullah leader Hasan Nasrallah held a series of meetings with his top-level military command as well as field commanders responsible for preparing for war with Israel. According to a source close to Hizbullah, Nasrallah's operational directive was that in the next military conflict with Israel, Hizbullah will hit Tel Aviv with missiles at the outset of the war, while also dispatching forces to conquer the Galilee.
Hizbullah forces are being trained to fire at least ten thousand missiles, right at the war's outset, at military and strategic targets such as airfields, military camps, and vital facilities including maritime ones, followed by the firing of rockets from launch sites whose location will come as a surprise to Israel.
The operational plan was formulated in tandem with senior Iranian strategic experts and will include a force of five thousand fighters who have recently trained in Iran, tasked with taking over designated zones in northern Israel including Nahariya, Shlomi, and Carmiel.
It was said that engineering units of the Iranian army had mined areas in the eastern Bekaa Valley that were seen as possible landing sites for Israeli special forces, and that Hizbullah had equipped itself with "smart" Iranian anti-tank missiles that can disrupt the defensive systems of Israel's Merkava tanks.
Nasrallah's recent escalation of public statements stems from heightened fear in Hizbullah that an Israeli and/or American attack on Iran is drawing nearer. As a strategic arm of Iran, Hizbullah sees itself as Iran's first line of defense against Israel.

Jerusalem Issue Briefs-Hizbullah Discusses Its Operational Plan for War with Israel: Missile Fire on Tel Aviv and Conquest

Hardly.

My argument: Israel breaches international law with illegal land occupations, commits war crimes with its use of white phosphorous against civilians, inflicts suffering on civilians with its blockade of Gaza and has used US support to ignore many UN resolutions.

Your argument: Anyone who disapproves of Israeli action is a racist anti-Semite.

As I said you have today, it's why you just had to make it personal.

Throw this into the pot :
Hizbullah Discusses Its Operational Plan for War with Israel:
Missile Fire on Tel Aviv and Conquest of the Galilee

Vol. 11, No. 18 2 November 2011

In recent weeks Hizbullah leader Hasan Nasrallah held a series of meetings with his top-level military command as well as field commanders responsible for preparing for war with Israel. According to a source close to Hizbullah, Nasrallah's operational directive was that in the next military conflict with Israel, Hizbullah will hit Tel Aviv with missiles at the outset of the war, while also dispatching forces to conquer the Galilee.
Hizbullah forces are being trained to fire at least ten thousand missiles, right at the war's outset, at military and strategic targets such as airfields, military camps, and vital facilities including maritime ones, followed by the firing of rockets from launch sites whose location will come as a surprise to Israel.
The operational plan was formulated in tandem with senior Iranian strategic experts and will include a force of five thousand fighters who have recently trained in Iran, tasked with taking over designated zones in northern Israel including Nahariya, Shlomi, and Carmiel.
It was said that engineering units of the Iranian army had mined areas in the eastern Bekaa Valley that were seen as possible landing sites for Israeli special forces, and that Hizbullah had equipped itself with "smart" Iranian anti-tank missiles that can disrupt the defensive systems of Israel's Merkava tanks.
Nasrallah's recent escalation of public statements stems from heightened fear in Hizbullah that an Israeli and/or American attack on Iran is drawing nearer. As a strategic arm of Iran, Hizbullah sees itself as Iran's first line of defense against Israel.

Jerusalem Issue Briefs-Hizbullah Discusses Its Operational Plan for War with Israel: Missile Fire on Tel Aviv and Conquest

And ScottF the use of "lol" labels you more than a little

As I said you have today, it's why you just had to make it personal.

You appear to be ignoring the detail that I can offer to support my views and the paucity of detail in yours !

And it was you who decided to get personal first:

There are none so blind as those who will not see

So don't feel too hard done by if people reply in kind (with or without a lol).

As it happens you're right on this occasion,you've dragged me down to your intellectual level...I retreat to my dinner table in shame!

It's easy of course to label all the people of Iran conveniently together as a " target" but these are the people causing the trouble. Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rest assured that if the missiles and bombs start flying these will be the guys in the deep armoured bomb shelters whereas the majority of peaceful Iranians will "collateral damage" once more .

Last edited:
I am a member of a few boards mainly football and this is now turning into the thickest of them all, the thread is about a guardian article about Iran and everyone is talking about Isreal Palestine and the other b.ollo.x.... Iraq sorted Libya sorted Algeria sorted middle east pretty much sorted....Iran not quite invade iraq Afganistan Pakistan and then Iran will be sorted and what have they got in common dadah next is putin and Russia.....

As far as I can see they're merely retaliating to constant, remorseless bullying from hate filled anti semitic neighbours and the whole Palestinian issue is just a smoke screen.

I see.

So what is the bigger picture the rest of us cannot see?

if Israel was a nation located on the Isle of Wight the Iranians and Arabs would still persecute them.

Why would they do that?

I see.

So what is the bigger picture the rest of us cannot see?

Why would they do that?
Because they wish to destroy the Jewish race, as for why I really don't know, it didn't start or finish between 1933 and 1945 and it wasn't just the Nazis.

Because they wish to destroy the Jewish race,

They do?

But...

"Jews are protected in the Iranian constitution and seat is reserved for a Jew in the Majlis.[12] Iran hosts the largest Jewish population of any Muslim-majority country.[18] After Israel, it is home to the second-largest Jewish population in the Middle East."

Persian Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israel says jump, America says how high?

That's what this is all about, Isreal has nukes (and an appaling human rights /ethnic cleansing/attacking neighbours record) and wants to stay the only nation in the region with them.

Yes nick, we know how you feel about these things :D

Isn`t Iran a Democracy?

And if The British, the US and the French etc are allowed nuclear technolagy why arnt other nations?

By the way, I am for a world free of nukes, but the argument that because Israel has nukes we should let the Iranians have them as well dates back to the cold-war days of MAD - Mutual assured destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - but just because we managed not to destroy the world last time does not mean it is safe or sensible to play this game again. The final 'Russian roulette' scene from The Deer Hunter comes to mind... if you try this enough times it will eventually happen. Let's just stop everyone where they are.

Isn`t Iran a Democracy?

And if The British, the US and the French etc are allowed nuclear technolagy why arnt other nations?

Because we think that we're more important than them.

(closet racism in reality)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom