Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Where there's a will there's a way!

While there's always a possibility I doubt it and NI doesn't serve as a particularly close example.

NI is rather different from the ME for a number of reasons.

• The population migrations and divide were older and more established.
  • Established stable democracies on each side of the border.
  • The religious divide was sectarian and with both sides being part of the same religion.
  • The political and cultural divide between the bordering countries (Ireland and UK) is narrower.
  • The economy was more stable.
  • While mistakes were made the situation evolved and learned from them.
  • Fewer hardliners.
  • Much less foreign interference and international politics.
Compare that with the situation with the Palestinians and Israelis and you have much larger numbers of people, much larger displacement of people, much greater growth in population over the last few decades, much larger religious and cultural divide, much more international interference, belligerent neighbours who have been at war several times, disputes over borders and territorial gains, hardliners and fundamentalists.

So who is writing the new " dodgy dossier " this time one wonders? Let's hope it takes more than a trip on Air Force One and a hotdog at a basketball game to get us involved in yet another war? :dk:

So it seems that Iran is safe for now... the US still has to go through Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan before getting to Iran.

On a more serious note....

The US wanted to go war war in Iraq.

Saddam played into their hands by not allowing Hans Blix full access to installations, even though Saddam had no WMDs.

Now the US want to go to war in Iran.

Ahmadinejad is playing into their hands by the cat-and-mouse routine with the IAEA...

There is a sad sense of inevitability to it all.

Wow - not your everyday car forum discussion here then! After reading through most of the thread I feel particularly well informed regarding the middle east now so big thanks to all contributors. The nuclear holocaust looks pretty much inevitable and the Mayan Prophecy of 2012 as the year the world ends looks ipso facto!

My question therefore is should I start looking for an electric car now?

The Iranians better not piss off India now! BBC News - India test launches Agni-V long-range missile
Forget the electric car any local EMP will fry the control electronics. ;) Electromagnetic pulse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A co-operative Donkey then perhaps?
animal039.jpg

I wonder if ECP's (non-existent) 25% discount stretches to front & rear Mule shoes?

donkey-mobile.jpg

A matching silver cow would also look pretty cool pulling my C250TD

Last edited:
Quite. And it doesn't need donkeys - or an ass.
Genuine apologies, it is an important and worrying issue & I was clearly misguided in attempting to lift the ethos!

Genuine apologies, it is an important and worrying issue & I was clearly misguided in attempting to lift the ethos!

I'm not trying to be a prissy killjoy, it's just that such an important issue merits being taking seriously, and it has so far been a really interesting and informative thread.
On top of that, there's plenty lark-about threads on this forum to have a laugh on. Most of them really!

I'm not trying to be a prissy killjoy, it's just that such an important issue merits being taking seriously, and it has so far been a really interesting and informative thread.
On top of that, there's plenty lark-about threads on this forum to have a laugh on. Most of them really!
I really didn't mean to irritate. I too found found it unusually informative & very interesting - you were absolutely correct in your rebuke. When your wrong your wrong!

Last edited:
I really didn't mean to irritate. I too found found it unusually informative & very interesting - you were absolutely correct in your rebuke. When your wrong your wrong!

All sorted. PM appreciated. Welcome to the forum.

Why can't the rest of the world be so civilised?!

All sorted. PM appreciated. Welcome to the forum.

Why can't the rest of the world be so civilised?!

'Because they started it...'

Sadly this rings true for too many violent conflicts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom