USA Geared up for conflict in Ukraine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fixed that for you.

Now, back to talking about the Russian invasion of Ukraine...
Ha selective memory just as I thought..

FREEDOM OF SPEECH RUSSIAN STYLE
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How familiar are you with Russian borders? Do you think Nato would not appear at their border if Ukraine did not join Nato? What if Russia takes control of Ukraine, wouldn't that exactly bring Russia additional border miles with Nato?
No I don’t think nato would appear at Russian borders if Ukraine didn’t join nato simply because nato is trembling with fear just as it did back in 2014 when Russia took back crimea.. they can only chuck sanctions at Russia in the hope of de escalation rather than go toe to toe with them

This part of the world is free. Less of Ukraine is now free compared with this morning. Lots of Russians are also not free just for demonstrating against the war.
The leader of the Ukranian opposition 'For Life' party Victor Medvedchuk has been under house arrest since February 2021. His assets have been frozen. Anti Euromaiden press and TV not permitted anymore.

Post 2014 Euromaiden Ukraine democracy.

No I don’t think nato would appear at Russian borders if Ukraine didn’t join nato simply because nato is trembling with fear just as it did back in 2014 when Russia took back crimea.. they can only chuck sanctions at Russia in the hope of de escalation rather than go toe to toe with them
Perhaps it's nothing to do with NATO. Ukraine is fairly rich in some natural resources and has a great deal of arable land

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I'm not sure Putin claiming to solve Kyiv's traffic problems should be taken seriously.
It's not rush hour.

Because nuclear super powers going toe to toe sounds like a great idea, and the West not wanting to do that is the problem?

I don't think NATO is 'trembling with fear' so much as burning the midnight oil in contingency planning.

You conveniently miss the reality that it's typically depots or extremists who look for fights and are happy to spill their blood have the advantage in choosing to make trouble.

There's plenty awareness of the type of creature that Putin is.

We just haven't had to deal with this sort of problem in a while.

The EU as a whole needs to increase its defence spending. This isn't a new issue - it has been apparent for some time. Time for Germany, France, Italy, and Spain to shoulder some proper responsibility and time for some hard discussions with Warsaw, Talinn, Budapest, Bucharest, Athens, and Valetta as to how to cooperatively secure its borders properly. NATO needs to become an alliance where the EU is a member as a whole rather than in bits.

At the same time the UK needs to independently review its conventional defence policy. The EU should be responsible for the defence of its borders. The UK should be responsible within NATO for the Atlantic and north. We need a bigger navy and air force.

There are people on here with some very strange ideas . . .

Reactions: JHS
Imo and im not that clued up the media and Internet aren't helping we see what they want us to see ,Putin is a clever bloke he knows what he's doing the sanctions won't bother him 1 bit as he can make it alot worse for us cyberwise ,Biden is a complete kn--- playing the big i am .
If its like the Gulf war (which wasn't a war) also Bosnia, let them get on with it and keep our noses out of it As I say that's only my opinion
Im now expecting a roasting

illegal state of American backed Israel?

I see little evidence of much thought in your opinions; blinkers, on the other hand...

Bit more than blinkers I'd say. 6 words above tell you all need to know about the person. I quite frankly couldn't give a toss about Israel, the whole place could burn along with the Palestinians if it made it safer for me and my family at home in little england.

let them get on with it and keep our noses out of it As I say that's only my opinion
Im now expecting a roasting
If it was simply down to a tear up between some old Russian and a load of Ukrainian soldiers I’d agree with you but sadly it’s not that simple.

Last edited:
Putting to one side the believed causes, and where fault does or doesn't lie,
Putin has made a threat that must be taken seriously.
His "as never seen before in history" threat of response can only be dealt with by his removal from such power.
How to accomplish that w/o such a response I couldn't say.
Who might step up later, and be feasibly same sameish is an unknown.

It gets more difficult to see how this can't escalate.

One thing we can be sure of is that NATO won't take offensive military action.

We wait to see what Putin will actually settle for. I'd have said complete control of the Donbas region, but I'd also have said he wouldn't launch a full invasion. I'm not the only one who was fooled...

While we wait, here's a couple of questions for the pro-Russian faction.

Firstly, do you think Putin would have launched the invasion if Ukraine was a NATO member?

Secondly, do you think that if the boot had been on the other foot, and a pro-Russian Ukraine had been fighting pro-West separatists in the west of the country, the NATO 'warmongers' would have launched an invasion from Poland to prevent a possible nuclear-armed country on NATO's border?

Last edited:
Putting to one side the believed causes, and where fault does or doesn't lie,
Putin has made a threat that must be taken seriously.
His "as never seen before in history" threat of response can only be dealt with by his removal from such power.
How to accomplish that w/o such a response I couldn't say.
Who might step up later, and be feasibly same sameish is an unknown.

It gets more difficult to see how this can't escalate.

i gave this a “like” not because i like it but more of a “ like you i am seriously concerned about where this is heading”.

We in the West have shown our weakness. No doubt China are watching closely and planning how they can exploit the situation to their advantage.

It is incredible that civilians are being bombed in Europe.

I think that like most bullies Putin believes he is invincible and in a position that he has to neither listen or react to anyone other than his own over inflated ego. He is not bothered if you stop his pocket money , he will take it from someone else`s pocket. He has ( rightly so far) worked out that nobody has the balls , or perhaps the ability to hit him head-on , and is not afraid if they do . A modern day Napolean or Hitler with no concern for the consequences of his actions . The possible best outcome will only happen if he is removed from within ( albeit unlikely) . Whilst the rest of the world is huffing and puffing he is cracking on and has the obvious strength to crush the Ukraine . As for any surprise that Putin has been lying about invading, he is a Politician , that`s what most of them do.

I think that like most bullies Putin believes he is invincible and in a position that he has to neither listen or react to anyone other than his own over inflated ego. He is not bothered if you stop his pocket money , he will take it from someone else`s pocket. He has ( rightly so far) worked out that nobody has the balls , or perhaps the ability to hit him head-on , and is not afraid if they do . A modern day Napolean or Hitler with no concern for the consequences of his actions . The possible best outcome will only happen if he is removed from within ( albeit unlikely) . Whilst the rest of the world is huffing and puffing he is cracking on and has the obvious strength to crush the Ukraine . As for any surprise that Putin has been lying about invading, he is a Politician , that`s what most of them do.
We have an expert at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom