USA Geared up for conflict in Ukraine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Get a waggle on.

Wiggle.

Hang on; have we slipped through a wormhole into the word association thread...

How does the government manage to implement sanctions so quickly? These Oligarchs are rich and powerful men and most likely have access to the best legal team that money can buy.

Sometimes you read about a case in England for example where the govt are trying to deport a ruthless convicted rapist who is an illegal immigrant on legal aid but the case drags on for years going to the highest courts possible.

Doubt that the translator of the article reads this forum to see your correction. Or that you appreciate the significance of inverted commas.

Just watched an interesting clip on youtube from 8 years ago.. ”BBC Newsnight - Neo nazi threat in new Ukraine :oops:
subsequently these neo nazis have infiltrated in to the military and received training from both us/uk militaries so go figure..
it’s amazing how these things get missed once the propaganda machine gets rolling..

How does the government manage to implement sanctions so quickly? These Oligarchs are rich and powerful men and most likely have access to the best legal team that money can buy.

Sometimes you read about a case in England for example where the govt are trying to deport a ruthless convicted rapist who is an illegal immigrant on legal aid but the case drags on for years going to the highest courts possible.
Same way the government invaded a country based on zero evidence and against the wishes of the majority of the UN..

Just watched an interesting clip on youtube from 8 years ago.. ”BBC Newsnight - Neo nazi threat in new Ukraine :oops:
subsequently these neo nazis have infiltrated in to the military and received training from both us/uk militaries so go figure..
it’s amazing how these things get missed once the propaganda machine gets rolling..
That was eight years ago. Given that the BBC generally tends to be somewhat left of centre in its views, if there was anything to suggest that neo-Nazism was a significant element in Ukraine I think we'd have heard of it by now. Putin's propaganda machine claims the country is run by them, but for one thing, the democratically-elected Ukrainian president is Jewish. Bit of a giveaway, that...

POSSIBLY one of the most effective weapon systems in the Ukraine theatre at present- a remnant from the cold war
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

POSSIBLY one of the most effective weapon systems in the Ukraine theatre at present- a remnant from the cold war

One of the outcomes from this will be an evaluation of the relative cost/effectiveness of these portable wepons agains armoued vehicles.

There are three 'game changers' that move these on from traditional RPGS (which western MBTs basically cope with).

- Range / accuracy
- Training / ease of use
- Warhead / 'fuzing' technology

The combination seems to make them remarkably effective. Though it's not clear whether Russian tactics are also making them much more vulnerable.

So we go from social distancing to we will give you £350 per month to house a Ukrainian refugee :oops::wallbash:

The latter is I think more important than the former. I have plenty of room, and if I didn't live alone I'd be inclined to help (not for the money...), but as I work three days a week I cannot.

So we go from social distancing to we will give you £350 per month to house a Ukrainian refugee :oops::wallbash:
Social distancing finished a while ago and all travel restrictions are lifted from this Friday.
You don't find helping a Ukrainian refugee worthwhile?

Marina Ovsyannikova, a very brave young woman who's protest has made the headlines & front page around the world. I wonder what will happen to her. The wheels arrear to be falling off Putin's propaganda campaign.

Social distancing finished a while ago and all travel restrictions are lifted from this Friday.
You don't find helping a Ukrainian refugee worthwhile?
What happens if there is another wave like in china where they have locked down 17 million residents of shenzen?

Shenzhen.

We'll deal with it. Ukrainian refugees are more pressing at the moment.

Anyone betting against there being another spike/variant/SAGE resurgence/Boris panic/Handcock reappearance/Hunt leadership challenge/we're all doomed return in the autumn?

An attack on Donetsk civilians today. The precise circumstances have not been conclusively verified independently.
Be careful - it ain't pretty.

Marina Ovsyannikova, a very brave young woman who's protest has made the headlines & front page around the world. I wonder what will happen to her. The wheels arrear to be falling off Putin's propaganda campaign.

A very brave lady.

10/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom