USA vs UK MB Clubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nik_Endeavour

Car
Mercedes-less at the moment
Looking at the picture gallery of the www.mbworld.com forums I notice quite a few w202 (just as I have one) cars going for the pimp mobile look. Is that considered taste in the US of A or is the forum is just full of cretins that spend a lot of money for tacky things?

I might be wrong and they might think that fitting OEM parts to cars is not adventurous enough but I am curious to hear what other people have to say?

You mean www.mbworld.org? In my opinion US car owners do not have any taste. Seems they feel the car looking the better the more different it is from others. One can easily make the car look very different from others, but it usually does not become any better looking compared to what it was from the factory. I'm sure they say "this is just a European view". Of course there are exceptions, not too many though :rolleyes:

1. Sorry that was a typo!

2. I just saw some of the cars and they looked like people spend on the money on all Taiwanese parts on eBay. They cannot be convinced that using more chrome/plastic on a MB than the national requirement of Sweden can make it look good.

It takes all types to make a world..so each to their own......:cool:

One post that put me off "I was on the way home from work when I saw this red SL 65 and bought it,,when I got home the wife was upset and wanted one, so I went back and they only had a white one left and she did not want that"

Boring and awful. I managed 70 post in 3 years

Boring and awful. I managed 70 post in 3 years

Unlike talking about how ripped off motorists are by this government or how global warming is a fraud committed by people who can't afford a Mercedes

Sometimes it's hard to find the posts about CARS! ;)

Unlike talking about how ripped off motorists are by this government or how global warming is a fraud committed by people who can't afford a Mercedes

Sometimes it's hard to find the posts about CARS! ;)

There are no such post over there, mind you most of them do not know where most other counties are. mind you, this club is rather special with some of the post by some members. Many a night I have gone to sleep laughing to myself at the wit here :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom