USB Capacity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

et0609

Car
E350d
Hi,

Does anyone know the total capacity of a USB stick/drive that can be used with the media interface of a W212 2013 E Class? Some seem to say 32gb, while others say it way more. I can see in the manual theres 8 directory levels with 1000 each, but 8000 would never take up 32gb, so just wondering how much music I could use via the USB. Also, whats the advantage to using the USB socket in the centre console opposed to the USB cable for the Media Interface?

Thanks

I'm sure I've heard 32,000 tracks as being a limit, but I'm not sure if that's for the SD card or USB.

Directory level limits of 1,000 tracks certainly sounds suspect - isn't that more likely to be folders and tracks within a directory?

You have a pyramid style hierarchy of directories, surely, not a skyscraper (one on top of another).

I run a 32gb card in my (earlier) Comand, and the whole thing is so klutzy to load I'll never get anywhere near its limit.

I use a 32GB USB stick in my Navigation20 (formerly Universal Media Interface) in my W204. I have it arranged as a series of Folders, Jazz, Blues, Pop, etc then underneath each folder is the Album folder containing the tracks. I've not tried a larger stick, but it's still one heck of a lot of tracks

Hi,

. Also, whats the advantage to using the USB socket in the centre console opposed to the USB cable for the Media Interface?

Thanks

The USB MMI seems to be just for a selection of Android phones. If you put a USB memory drive with a filesystem on it, it doesn't work in my experience. The phones for my model are listed here - C-Class Coupé (06.2013 - 11.2015) » Media Interface Media Players | Compare Devices @ Mercedes-Benz Connectivity

Works fine in mine, i can change tracks from the steering wheel, change albums, via the scroll wheel.... what file system did you use on the memory stick...?

I use a 64gb SD card in mine, plenty of room for plenty of albums. Used more than elves now as DAB signal is so poor.

Yes, mine is FAT32 as well, so it must be the version of the MMI cable/COMAND that is different.

Good music tastes BTW :)

51U - BLACK FABRIC ROOF INTERIOR TRIM
523 - RADIO AUDIO 20
537L - GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom